Does Warlockery work right yet?

Discussion in 'You Have To Name The Expansion Pack' started by Essence, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Specifically, does Puissant Veil actually successfully counterattack on a percentage of Blocks?

Also, are there any other issues with it that are still unresolved?

Thanks!

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  2. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I cannot recall the self paralyze of chronomantic twist, after the enemy-affecting paralysis turns.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. Essence

Can anyone else verify this? They do go by very quickly if there's no enemies around to take advantage of them...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I remember I tried it against monsters, not alone. Tomorrow I can playtest more, to see if I can confirm this or it was just my mind who is remembering crapness.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Warlock

Warlock Member

Chronomantic Twist did not correctly paralyze the player in the previous iteration of Warlockery Circa patch 1.11. Now the self paralyze works as intended.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Essence

Can anyone verify Puissant Veil for me?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. borsook

borsook Member

I can't agree, my runs in 1.12 and 1.13 beta seem to show it still does not work...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Yeah. I'll test it, but I don't think Chronomantic Twist works.

What exactly needs testing with Puissant Veil? Are you asking if Puissant Veil activates some of the time when you block?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Essence

Yes.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Nacho

Nacho Member

Used warlockery a bit last week. Chronomantic Twist doesn't paralyze you, but it somehow doesn't take effect until the beginning of your next turn, so every monster still gets 1 turn before it's paralyzed. If we're making it paralyze you too, it needs a boost.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

The spell seems to trigger 100% on being hit, and not on block.
    This is just one of the too many procs for the spell, without any succesful block.

Attached Files:

• dod.png
      dod.png
      File size:
      111.3 KB
      Views:
    OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Essence

???

!!!

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  13. PizzaSHARK!

PizzaSHARK! Member

It seemed like Puissant Veil hits either did very little damage or did what I'd expect to be a normal hit, since Puissant Touch is basically just a normal hit from what the wiki said. Without a detailed combat log for the game, it's really hard to tell just how much of those perceived big hits are Puissant Touch hits and how many of them are actually basic counterattacks.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Essence

Well, 1+(.13 * Mana) isn't entirely negligible. If you have a mere 52 mana, it's 5 extra damage for the cost of 1 mana and it always hits, even when your normal attack misses. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. PizzaSHARK!

PizzaSHARK! Member

Now what I didn't understand was, is PT additional damage added to your existing attack? And does it operate off of total mana or current mana?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Essence

Additional, and total. :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Chronomantic Twist doesn't work. I just forgot to tell this before.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Essence

the question is...why not?

Code:
    <spell name="Time Stop" type="area" radius="12">
    <effect type="paralyze" turns="1" resistable="0"/>
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="1" firstframe="0" framerate="120" sfx="white" centerEffect="0"/>
    </spell>
    <spell name="Time Stopped" type="self">
    <effect type="paralyze" turns="2" affectsCaster="1" resistable="0"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Chronomantic Twist 2" type="self" icon="skills/chronomantic_twist32.png">
    <effect type="dot" amount="3" spell="Time Stop" resistable="0"/>
    <effect type="trigger" affectsCorpses="0" amount="3" spell="Time Stopped" resistable="0"/>
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="1" firstframe="0" framerate="120" sfx="magic" centerEffect="0"/>
    </spell>
    <spell name="Chronomantic Twist 1" type="self" icon="skills/chronomantic_twist32.png">
    <effect type="dot" amount="4" spell="Time Stop" resistable="0"/>
    <effect type="trigger" affectsCorpses="0" amount="4" spell="Time Stopped" resistable="0"/>
    <effect type="trigger" spell="Essence Effect" resistable="0" />
    <anim sprite="sprites/sfx/null" frames="1" firstframe="0" framerate="120" sfx="magic" centerEffect="0"/>
    </spell>

<spell name="Chronomantic Twist" type="self" icon="skills/chronomantic_twist32.png">
    <requirements mp="20" savvybonus=".2" mincost="12"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffontrigger="1" requirebuffontriggername="Essence of Battle" spell="Chronomantic Twist 1" resistable="0"/>
    <effect type="trigger" requirebuffonnottrigger="1" requirebuffonnottriggername="Essence of Battle" spell="Chronomantic Twist 2" resistable="0"/>
    </spell> 

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

The paralyze never work on the character, it seems.
    Everything else is stopped in the early turns, anyway.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Caio Caly

Caio Caly Member

Hey! I'm relatively new to DoD, but i've done some testing at Warlockery.

1. Puissant Veil works on hit, not block, and does significantly less damage than Puissant Touch.

2. Essence of Battle's tooltip states that you get more manafull or something while in empowered form and i didn't get what it does?

3.Warlocks Challenge works perfectly

4. The Cronomantic twist is working like this: I lose the casting turn (with the casting), then I get two free turns, then I lose one turn.
    The empowered version does the same, except one extra free turn. So the thing is, in my point of view, you lose one turn before and one after the free turns - not two after.

5. Manacalypse does really low damage, no matter the situation, even the empowered version.

6. That Arcane capacitor, i think is working, even though i can't find the formula for the damage anywhere!

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.