Does the Ominous Countdown refer to the impending patch...

Discussion in 'Conquest of the Wizardlands' started by Borodin, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I was blind, I never have played Egyptian yet, so my statement of sandstorms being the only offensive spell is invalid. Idk about AoE spells, though. Those tend to get nerfed alot.

2. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

That's because AoE is really, really good. Someday, when the Skills Guide is done, I'll write about Time as part of the Art of Dungeon Delving, and how Time is the most precious resource in the game. AoE is one of the best ways to get more of it in meaningful ways.

Essence likes this.
  3. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Known universe.

Patch is either Monday or Tuesday. I'm woolgathering on one last save game issue right now.

4. Borodin

Borodin Member

Oh ho. So the patch is not what's Ominous. Those of us who are not resigned to our fates have reason indeed to fear. Waa-haa-HAA-HAA-HAA!

...Where's the canned thunder, damnit? I paid for canned thunder, here! :mad:

Essence likes this.
  5. Frelus

Frelus Member

Here you go, sir!
    That would be €9.99.
    Have a nice day!

TheJadedMieu, OmniNegro and Jellp like this.
  6. Borodin

Borodin Member

Thank you! -and at those rates, quick reasonable, too.

I have studied the Ominous Countdown in ancient scrolls, and it appears to refer to the ascent of a One World Order, led by this man:

[​IMG]

Leon Escalais. Fine heroic French tenor of the early 20th century, long dead. Aliens (primarily Gary Burghoff) plan to resurrect him. Most tellingly, his mustache is actually growing up into his nose, which has made him very irritable. A very irritable ruler over an entire world would truly be a dangerous thing, since there's no telling when he might get angry enough to use either end of his mustache to skewer millions. Life could quickly become even more unbearable than it is.

I think he's also got something stuck in his chin, possibly the Beast 667, which will appear accompanied by the Four Bad Las Vegas Impersonators. Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

7. Frelus

Frelus Member

Wait... He is the God of Mustaches?
    Woe to us!

OmniNegro likes this.
  8. Borodin

Borodin Member

Now you're getting it.