Does the forum alert people if I quote them when editing a post?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Glazed, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Glazed

Glazed Member

I've used a forum in the past that had quotes that would alert people when you quoted them. This forum has the same feature. In the other forum if you created a post, edited it, and added a quote, it would no longer alert people because the system didn't know if the quote was new or if it was there before you edited the post. It didn't want to double notify people.

My question is, does this forum alert people if I quote them when editing a post?

A few times so far I've submitted a post, then I see someone else in the same thread I want to reply to. Forum etiquette says that I should edit my post instead of posting twice in a row. However, I'm worried that the second person won't get alerted to my reply. I could be more careful making sure there isn't someone else I want to quote before I submit my comment, but it's still possible to make a mistake. So I'm curious if the forum supports this.

If no one knows, can someone help me test this? Write something here, and I'll add a post, then edit it and quote you. Then you can tell me if you got alerted.

r_b_bergstrom likes this.
  2. badboy80

badboy80 Member

I don't know. You can test it on me though.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea myself but am curious of the same thing, go ahead.

4. Glazed

Glazed Member

Ok, this is me adding a post.

Now I'm editing it to quote Daynab. Did you get an alert saying I quoted you?

Another edit to quote badboy.

5. badboy80

badboy80 Member

Nope, no alert saying you quoted me. Just one to say that you replied.

6. Glazed

Glazed Member

But you're getting one now, right?

7. badboy80

badboy80 Member

8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Nope, no alert.

9. Glazed

Glazed Member

Well, good to know!