Does having 2 ovens in a kitchen produce more than having one oven?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Ixath, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Ixath

Ixath Member

Same goes for the other buildings.. if I double or triple the number of crafting stations inside a building will I see any benefit over only having one, or having multiple buildings instead?

I'm trying to avoid looking into any of the actual code to find my answers because I know I can't control myself to stop reading once I find what I'm looking for.

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yes. Two ovens means you can cook two things at a time, two carpentry workbenches means you can saw two logs at a time, etc.

Ixath likes this.
  3. Darkmere

Darkmere Member

Yes, multiple people in the workshop's crew can use multiple crafting stations to do jobs faster. However, only one job at a time gets assigned, so if you have an order for 10 cabbages stews and 10 breads, but only 2 cabbages and 8 wheat, the cabbage job can get queued first and extra ovens past 2 don't get used until the next job is active.

4. Meat&Bones

Meat&Bones Member

I just had the easiest town run I've had by maximizing the number of ovens in a kitchen to the number of people on a work crew. Once they started, I took them off everything but workshop duties, and that's all they've done since. Previously I'd tried having multiple kitchens with one oven each, to try to produce lots of different goods at once, but I would still encounter famine. This time, I just queued 50 of each stew, all of my other commodities and checked back in occasionally. No famine or starvation ever.

5. Ixath

Ixath Member

I've yet to even see the need for a kitchen (at least in this stage of alpha)? I had two in my first town but have found it just as easy to do nothing but plant cabbage and pumpkins and let them go on a raw vegan diet. This leaves me more people (it seems like it does anyway?) to do things like chop down trees on the other side of the map.

6. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Yes, my subtle propaganda is working!

7. masuro

masuro Member

Got my kitchen cooking bread endlessly... so far noone complained... but I expect any day they will ask for croissants and that can end in a bloody revolution :D

8. jaguarusf

jaguarusf Member

It seems like if you match the number of ovens to the number of workers in the crew that is assigned the kitchen, things get done a lot faster. It took me a couple of games to figure out I could place more than one required object in a building,