DoD Modding and Mod Installation Guide (Updated 6/5/2012)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Daynab, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

There's no mod manager. If you launch DoD, you can click on the "MODS" button, and it shows you a list of your mods.

OmniaNigrum, Amookambiz and Kazeto like this.
  2. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

It's a built-in mod manager. And it's next to the start button.

OmniaNigrum, Amookambiz and Kazeto like this.
  3. Amookambiz

Amookambiz Member

dod launch screen ed.jpg

Thanks for your reply , then here is my launch screen ( over current page ) , and ... so ...where is that damn button for god ?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Amookambiz

Amookambiz Member

please take a look at the previous post

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. Amookambiz

Amookambiz Member

Please take a look at the previous of previous post

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

What is the game version when you go into the main menu, at the bottom left?

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  7. Amookambiz

Amookambiz Member

Dear Daynab , I read a lot of your comments and article , thank you for reply , The game version is 1.0.5

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

There's your problem. This is nine versions out of date

Talow, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  9. Daynab

That... that would do it, yes.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Amookambiz

Amookambiz Member

Wait , I didn't get it , I am playing whit the wrong version of game , maybe an old version , ok ? so then what version should I have ? I mean what is your game version ? and is there any patch , or update file to download that I can fix my problem with ?

Thanks Again

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Daynab

You should be on 1.1.4. Since you don't sound like you bought it on Steam, go to Desura or your Humble account depending where you bought it and there should be a new version for you to download.

Kazeto, OmniaNigrum and Amookambiz like this.
  12. Amookambiz

Amookambiz Member

Dear Danyab , I live in a goddamn place , where there is no hope to by such version of game , but fortunately , yesterday I find a 1.1.2 version of the game , and I get it on a very very hard way . So I have it now and WOW , that is it , the mod button , new features , new enemies and many other good things , Thank you so much , but there is still one question :
    I downloaded 3 different mod file from your list " http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/completed-mods-index.1951/ "
    and I put them in correct directory , one of them is working and appears on the mod list , but two others are not . so is there any exception on mod adding ?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Daynab

Post which mods they are and I'll look at it.

Amookambiz and OmniaNigrum like this.
  14. Amookambiz

Amookambiz Member

for example I copied " Item Expansion " , " Clockwork Knights2.5" , "Megacrafts " , " Monstrous " and " Tag " in my mod folder ( correct address in my documents and setting ) , then on my mod list , there is just " Aqua man mod " and " Monsterous megapack " available on my mod list

Thanks again dod launch screen 2.jpg

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Daynab

Extract the mods that aren't appearing. Some of them are old mods and don't have the proper file structure for the launcher to detect them. If you just extract them they should work.

Amookambiz, OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  16. Amookambiz

Amookambiz Member

Thanks Dear Daynab , you are so kind , thank you for your reply . I am playing a game that I like , and enjoy it because of your help .

OmniaNigrum and Kazeto like this.
  17. Flamekiaser

Flamekiaser Member

Can someone help me with a mod that i am attempting to make? I am new to modding and have my mod show up in the skill select screen. I can select it but when i go in game it disappears completely from the skills panel.

<skillDB>
    <skill name="Olaf the Berserker" skillName="888123" type="warrior" description="You get bonuses for bein awesome.">
    <art icon="sprites/Ragnarok.jpg"/>
    </skill>
    </ability name="Ragnarok" icon="sprites/Ragnarok.png" skill="888123" startSkill="1">
    <description text="Gain Extra Health and mana Regen."/>
    <secondarybuff id="13" amount="20"/>
    <secondarybuff id="14" amount="20"/>
    </ability>
    </ability name="Armoured Skin" icon="sprites/spirit-visage.gif" skill="888123" level="0">
    <description text="Being hit with many spells and sticks as a child has made you tough."/>
    <secondarybuff id="11" percentage="75"/> <!-- block -->
    <secondarybuff id="10" amount="10"/>
    </ability>
    </ability name="Mobile Viking" icon="sprites/BoM.jpg" skill="888123" level="1">
    <description text="You are now sonic fast."/>
    <secondarybuff id="6" percentage="50"/> <!-- block -->
    <secondarybuff id="8" percentage="15"/>
    <secondarybuff id="9" amount="20"/>
    </ability>
    </ability name="Weak Spot" icon="sprites/IE.jpg" skill="888123" level="2">
    <description text="If you can find their weak point you can hit harder."/>
    <secondarybuff id="4" percentage="20"/> <!-- block -->
    </ability>
    </ability name="Dam...age" icon="sprites/BoTRG" skill="888123" level="3">
    <description text="Now you can just swing."/>
    <secondarybuff id="2" amount="20"/> <!-- block -->
    </ability>
    </ability name="Health of a Viking" icon="sprites/War.jpg" skill="888123" level="4">
    <description text="Health point increase."/>
    <secondarybuff id="0" amount="500"/> <!-- block -->
    </ability>
    </skillDB>
    This is the complete .xml

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
    OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

You should probably make a new thread for this, but I think that if this is all you have, that is why it fails to work. It has to have the spellDB.xml as well. (Not to mention the sprites and even the mod.xml files.)

Vitellozzo and Kazeto like this.
  19. Flamekiaser

Flamekiaser Member

Well this is a modding thread so i didn't see any problem with it. This isn't all i have i have all the sprites and the mod.xml file and is the spellDB.xml necessary for the mod to work if I don't add any spells?

20. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

First of all, this is the modding guide thread. I do understand the reasoning behind your decision to write about it here, but I'm with Omni there—it would have been prudent to create a new thread for this question instead of posting it here as “guide” implicates it is not the most proper of places for “my code doesn't work, what do I do?” questions.

Secondly, no, if you do not add any spells to any of the skills then “spellDB.xml” is not needed in this case.

That being said, this:
    Code:
    </ability name="Ragnarok" icon="sprites/Ragnarok.png" skill="888123" startSkill="1">
    Why the effigy are you closing the tag instead of opening it? That is what is causing the problem, change it to “<ability” instead, and do the same for every single instance of such a mishap.

OmniaNigrum likes this.