Do lower class soldiers retain a memory...

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Mikel, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

... of red-coatedness? I've not noticed, but does losing the military grade overseer result in the formerly trained soldiers losing their experience? If the experience persists it would be helpful to more easily grab those colonists from the lower-class pool when reassigning them.

This is also helpful when using the workcrew assignment method of divesting troops of poor weapons in favor of good ones.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

My guess is that it is a uniform thing, you can actually see you "redcoat militia" doing their pushups etc but with no progress bar and so on. Though I posted somewhere wondering about this.

It's even more important now to get this clarified & fixed, since redcoats now do more damage in addition to their previous effect (which was shooting faster)

3. Wolg

Wolg Member

I suspect this is purely cosmetic, but haven't walked the scripts involved. It's more related to skills than memories, though perhaps the Military Training trait could make a comeback to handle it?

4. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

The easiest way to check (for now at least) is to watch a redcoat shooting their gun and reloading and then do the same with a "redcoat militia" since redcoats shoot faster.

EDIT: It's been confirmed that they currently do lose their bonuses, it's slated to be fixed but wouldn't be in the current version47.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016