Dire Gourmand (0.99Rev)

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Rarefied Horse Meat, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Uploaded v.8.1, and the Dire Gourmand skill no longer appears on my skill list upon game start.

2. Did you try unzipping it? Even when I fixed my directory structure to conform to the norm, Daynab has had better luck with it while unzipped, and only occasionally had it work from zip file form.

3. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

What is the demon heart cookbook supposed to do? Died before I could try it.

Also, Fat but not Jolly, by the looks of this thread, is supposed to provide 11 magic resist or magic reflect rather than 11 wand lore.

4. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I am having the same issue as Essence above. The zip contents seem good. But although the mod loader lists it and it is enabled, the skill never shows in the character creation.

I am using Windows 7 x64 and DoD+RotDG 1.10RC5 Beta. (The mod loader alone is worth using the beta.)
    (No, I was not trying to rub *More* salt in the OS-X wound you and others have since you are apparently second to last priority after giving all the Diggles a treat.)

5. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Yeah you have to unzip it because Horsemeat is a rebel and doesn't conform :D

Wi§p likes this.
  6. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Alright. I am feeling stupid. Will this not make a sloppy mess if any other mods require this method?
    Rarefied Horse Meat does not like being called RHM, but Meat is alright if I recall the specifics.

If I cannot find a way to get this to work alongside other mods then I will have no choice but to abstain from using it and to call him/her RHM from now on. :p

7. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Just unzip it so it looks like this: dungeons of dredmor\mods\Dire Gourmand\items,mod,sfx,skills folders

OmniNegro likes this.
  8. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Well then I am glad I said something. I would have extracted it to DoD\mods\items,mod,skills...
    I have been repacking mods that come in a zip with the mod name as the first directory with all the usual inside. Perhaps this was wasted effort and I should have extracted them as they are.

I need to re-investigate the mods I thought were broken now. I feel like an idiot. There is no telling how many times I thought a mod was broken that it was in fact the dreaded "User Error" bug.

Thank you Daynab. And thank you too Rarefied Horse Meat. :)

9. I've given up on the stupid sound effect. New version is up now!
    • Your belly properly shields you from magical effects, rather than incubating useless wands in your moist interior
    • Demonic cookbooks now actually do something, or at least appear to be working when I test them. If after killing several demons with the cookbook in hand, you are not gaining tremendous evil power and catching fire, please notify me IMMEDIATELY.
    • Bottles of whiskey have a properly transparent background
    • Rebound renamed to Belly Bounce for clarity
    Don't forget that my mod must be unzipped in order to work properly for most people - even after correcting my directory structure, I appear to be the only person in the world who can load it directly into the game while it's still zipped. For Windows users, you want it to look something like this:

C:\Users\CrazyBastard\Documents\Gaslamp Games\Dungeons of Dredmor\mods\DireGourmand\

Wi§p, Daynab and OmniNegro like this.
  10. I posted a suggestion without prior knowledge of this skill mod and I as well developed a chef class with surprisingly similar elements. I would like for you to respond with what you think of this skill tree which rather than be focused on booze is instead focused on producing more effective food and booze items as well as health and resistance buffs without using armor which interferes with magic power and regeneration. I wonder if our ideas could be merged or if both could work independently of each other. Here's the link.

http://community.gaslampgames.com/threads/chef-skill.2670/

11. Glazed

Glazed Member

A Guide to Eating Demon Hearts has a bug in the XML. You misspells "conflagatory" as "coflagratory"

Line 59:
    <damagebuff coflagratory="5"/>​

12. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

By the way horsemeat, proc on block works now, and barrier maiden heavily employs it if you need an example.

13. Glazed

Glazed Member

Another couple of bugs:

The "Screw Everything" spell has two triggers with percent="100%". The "%" character shouldn't be there.

The spell "Refined Goo" has a damage effect with "acidic" misspelled as "acid".

14. Glazed

Glazed Member

Another couple of bugs: The spell "Extra Crispy" has two effects, both of which have a percent attribute with the % character in them

<effect type="trigger" percent="60%" spell="Greasefire 1" amount="0" />
    <effect type="trigger" percent="20%" spell="Greasefire 2" amount="0" />

15. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

I was wondering why Extra Crispy exploded so consistently. I love what you're doing, Glazed. I can't wait for the final product to arrive. :)

16. Testing for Glazed's fixes and the new thingy nears completion!
    Trying to have fewer bugs on release... hahaha right.
    gourmand6a_64.png

OmniNegro, Glazed and Essence like this.
  17. Wowzers Glazed. Wowzers. Whatever you need... I'm here for you. -WINK-

Erroneously using percent symbols was probably the cause of the first problem with the Steak Knife, which caused me to completely rework/rewrite Steak Knife into something that, if I recall, also had a problem, which led me to make it the way it is now, which I believe I'm not currently happy with. I think. If I recall correctly.

And Extra Crispy was originally 4 different templates, each with their own chance to explode, but since they were all exploding almost all the time, there didn't seem to be a point. Damn you, percent symbol! Damn you to to the 18th floor!

Well, then. Strike those errors out of the code, introduce magic reflect, fiddle with a few numbers Just Because Fiddling is Fun, add another skill, and BAM!

It's time to kick it up a notch. We are very nearly at what I would call a complete version 1.0!

(NOTE - I promised to create a shiny new well-organized thread, but there's really no point in doing so until [sblock] spoilers exist. You will yet suffer through my walls of text unaided, for now!)

Clicky to make requests for the next version!

Changelog:
    • Bam! Kick it up a notch is now our 6th skill. It scales strongly with your block and counter chance by buffing your melee damage for 1 turn when you block or counter.
    • If you block or counter multiple times per turn, the buff stacks for more and more damage! In that respect, you could say that not only does BAM scale with your block/counter, it also strongly scales with your recklessness and willingness to get swarmed.
    • All the fixes mentioned above by Glazed.
    Edit: OP is now updated with the file and the changes

Essence and OmniNegro like this.
  18. Minor bugfix - soundfx.xml has been taken out due to it being the cause of many of my problems. You should now be able to run the mod from the zip. *fingers crossed*

Frying pan added to DG itself (with author permission) so that there's no longer a dependency on an external mod and stuff, everyone is friends, no violence!

Kaidelong likes this.
  19. r_b_bergstrom

r_b_bergstrom Will Mod for Digglebucks

What on earth makes you think ID doesn't work with the current client? Did you have some sort of crash that you didn't report to me? If not, then I'm afraid you're misinformed.

The first post of the Interior Dredmorating thread has links to a version for 1.0.10 and a different link for 1.0.10 post-DLC. That's why the thread title is Interior Dredmorating versions 1.2.5 to 1.2.6.

Not everyone is on the DLC Beta, so I'm maintaining a non-DLC version (1.2.5). However, about half the rooms from that version of ID are in the Beta, so I also made a version (1.2.6) that trimmed them out so that you wouldn't get doubles of any rooms if you're running the Beta. 1.2.6 went live less than 48 hours after the beta went live.

If you'd mentioned to me that the reason you wanted to include the Frying Pan and Hamm's was because you didn't think ID was working, I would have set you straight right then and there.

OmniNegro likes this.
  20. Noted and edited. Thanks for clearing that up!

OmniNegro and r_b_bergstrom like this.