Diggle Rocketeer = instant death for pure rogues

Discussion in 'You Have To Name The Expansion Pack' started by Arron Syaoran, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I just died today to a Diggle Rocketeer on Floor 13 for the second time. Both of my builds used Archery, Thrown, Artful Dodger, Burglary, Tinkering and Perception. The last skill was different: Daggers for the first run and Piracy for the second. I've been working this build into a dodge build, and i've made 96 dodge rating(which means i dodge almost everything at floor 10-13). The dodge rating was so great that I actually could use melee without much penalty.

Before I went to floor 13 for the second time, I've equipped 2 Emerald Encrusted Rings(1 of each kind) and prayed to the diggle god of fertility to maximise my health pool so I can mitigate the Diggle Rocketeer's Rocket Punch and subsequent attacks. I had 163 hp.

I was at full health while fighting 2 diggle rocketeers. As soon as one of them cast rocket punch, I was stunned, and the other diggle rocketeer destroyed me in one turn. I'd imagine dodge would be useless to the stunning effect...

Here's a Screenshot of what went on(couldn't post before picture in time, i'm at the bottom of the screen just below the diggle rocketeer):

Edit: After examining the screenshot and J Factor, I probably would've survived if I had 1 more max hp. The stunning effect as well as the damage from rocket punch is considered OP imo. Next run I'm going to entirely skip floor 13.

Attached Files:

2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

I just wanna say: THIS IS AWESOME!

I guess you'll wear some armor next time.

3. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

The thing is, in my Pure Rogue run, I'm forbidden to wear Warrior Armour that drains my Nimbleness.(He can only wear Rogue Gear and sometimes Mage gear). Pretty much ALL armour that doesn't subtract nimbleness tends to be extremely weak. In fact, most rogue gear stops at mid levels, making almost no High level Rogue Armour at all. My Android Rogue Mod mostly fixes that, but my Pure Rogue Run is meant to be in vanilla. I figured an alternative option, and that is to skip floor 13.

Edit: I am allowed to wear things like Green Armour(because it doesn't drain nimbleness), but even if I twink armour, I won't have enough to mitigate the 44 Damage.(I will also be stunned for 2-3 turns, which mean melee'ers will hit me for free 2-3 times). I guess the reason why I died is: First I was below 44 health(monster zoo), and second because I was meleeing a second Rocket Diggle hoping to kill him quickly(I can kill it in like 2-3 shots).

4. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Should I use Baromatic Pulse Device, Remember Your Charlemagne or Mists of the Corsair? Or will all of them work on silencing them?

5. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

Baromatic Pulse Device and Sonic Wand Both inflict the dazed status, which negates spellcasting.

6. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

It turned out that I'm skipping Floor 13 If I'm gonna play a Pure Rogue or Any build that has very low AA(Armour Absorption) It seems to work quite well.