Diggle Animation Differences: Dredmorpedia vs In Game

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Arron Syaoran, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I've noticed that Moonmanibe's DeviantART Diggles, as well as the Dredmorpedia Diggle, seems to be more fluid in animation(possibly with more frames too) than the Diggle Animation in Dungeons of Dredmor. First off, is this true? Second off, why are they different?

2. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

They're different animations. Specifically, the original diggle - as well as the male main character and all the pre-expansion monsters - were animated by Bryan Rathman, who moved on to work at blizzard before dredmor was released. I was brought on directly after dredmor 1.0's launch to do animation from that point on. The diggle on dredmorpedia and my DA was a fanart I did from before Gaslamp hired me.

(Edit; As a side note, the "diggle digging" animations, as well as all the werediggle exclusive animations like the SNES and the drinking / etc, were all done by me.)

3. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

The new animations do seem more colourful and more fluid ingame now that you mention it(as opposed to the old ones).

Edit: Also, your Forum Avatar Reminds me of Zero Suit Samus from SNES Super Metroid.

4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

If you click on it, it animates ;D

Vitellozzo likes this.