BETA 55A Digging into the code: Airdrops

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Naffarin, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

I made an interesting finding (at least for me :D) when i discovered how almost all supply drops even the ones during an event arc are centered around the starting position of the colony. Since airdrops can destroy items lying on the floor beneath them i learned the hard way that it is a very bad idea to build stockpiles in the middle of the starting position as airdrops are dropped off at a random position in a circle with a radius of 6 around the starting position.

If you have already done that or are planning to do so make building an airship mast a priority as it will relocate the air drop position.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Samut likes this.
  2. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

But since the airship mast cannot be activated currently in my game it is advisable to move the main stockpile :)

3. Samut

Samut Member

Love this series.

4. Tikigod

Tikigod Member

I've found the likelihood of the starting location having enough usable flat ground to immediately place anything is almost non-existent, especially now that you're forced to have set size stockpiles. So I always end up flattening a habitable area over the first 4-5 days somewhere more practical anyways. :)