Did this game inspire anything for you?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Midnight Tea, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Midnight Tea

Midnight Tea Member

For me, Dungeons of Dredmor played an important part in sparking a potential love for clockwork engineering. Not just collecting and organizing various parts for a tinkerer character, but the way you manage resources in this game actually helps gear the player towards an engineering mindset. Engineering is, after all, about efficient and clever use of resources to maximum effect. In fact, it led me to ultimately incorporating clockwork tinkering concepts into my vampire OC (my avatar). My drool is pooling at my feet at the thought of getting a chance to take Clockwork Empires out for a spin.

Did Dungeons of Dredmor help inspire anyone else? It may just be a silly game with a simple premise, but the fun atmosphere and many ways of playing does a lot for creativity I think.

2. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

For me, what inspired me was the modding community and how helpful they are to each other. It inspired me in starting my own mod based on another game I really enjoy. Sadly, balancing is VERY difficult for me, which is why I can't release it just yet :(

3. Hybelkanin

Hybelkanin Member

DoD rekindled my love for roguelikes, as if it ever died out, after ADOM. That's gold right there.

4. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

What they said. Dungeons of Dredmor got me back into Roguelikes, got me into modding at all (never done it before), and inspired me to start studying C++ so I might one day apply for a job at Gaslamp Games. :)

Midnight Tea and Kazeto like this.
  5. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

I really enjoy Clockwork empire lore and everything about it. DoD inspired me to create, to mod and remember the basics of spriting in photoshop. Because I wanted to expand Clockwork Knight class abilities :)

6. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It did not really "inspire me" or anything, but then again I did not need an inspiration. What I needed was a reason to sit down and work on what I already had, which is what I got there (even if the progress for it is slow).

Midnight Tea and Essence like this.