ALPHA 50C Decor-ated Post

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Alavaria, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Obtaining Bricabrac
    Certain materials can be refined into "Bricabrac", which is used to make all decor items (yes, somehow iron or gold can be used for clothes lines...)

We consult:
    game\jobs\workshop_jobs.xml
    scripts\entity\job_times.edb

• Wood: 3 planks for 1 unit
    • "Stone": 2 clay and 2 stone for 1 unit
    • Glass: 3 glass panes for 2 units
    • Iron: 2 iron ingots for 4 units
    • Copper: 2 copper ingots for 4 units
    • Gold: 1 gold ingot for 4 units

Using Bricabrac
    Uses from scripts\entity\modules.edb
    Summary: It takes 1 "bricabrac" and 1 square to get +1 decor (There's 1/1/1 and also 2/2/2 versions)

The main thing to keep in mind is some are free-standing and occupy their square (eg: Clay Pot) while others must be on a wall and do not block movement (ie: Wall Shrine).

Cost per bricabrac
    The cost of buying 2 iron/copper ingots (1100) is comparable to 1 gold ingot (1350).
    However, the cost of coal/ores (720 TV + 2 smelting labor) for the iron/copper is higher than the gold (510 TV + 1 smelting labor)

Buying 2 clay+2 stone is only (200 TV) however, and
    Buying 1.5 logs (to turn into 3 planks) is only (75 TV)

3 glass panes (450 TV) can also buy you 2 bricabrac, which is pretty good (225 TV per unit)
    However, 3 glass panes can be turned into 12 glass bottles (720 TV) which not only nets you production points but trades into 3+ units...

And yes, I am used to summoning Novorus by the time I build my major house. Habit from desert colonies by now.

=================================================

Strategies
    Depending on your wood situation, you might supercharge your carpentry and use planks to make your decor items (and not need the trader).
    However, in another case (eg: desert) you would summon the Novorus special trader and basically buy up everything they have. Cots need a lot of planks, as does everything else...

I'll point out that the wood use is even higher than before if you are using it for decor (3 per +1, compared to just 1 for a +1 window previously)

==================================================
    Yes, I have updated plans for my houses, you'll be interested to know what I have is a 9x10 (up from 9x9) which has 17 beds (down from 18).

Note: Have to check if you can do things like cram 2 wall shrines into one corner.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    dbaumgart and Samut like this.
  2. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

General Strategy

Basically right now, decor-ing up can be rather expensive. Furthermore you need it a lot for your beds (ideally~)

The general triple-combo applies of "Carpentry + Mine + Ceramics".

1. If you can chop down many trees, making a Carpentry with 3 to 5 workbenches and filling this up can allow you to do all the things needed
      • Make planks
      • Make cots/beds
      • Make plank bricabrac
      • Make carpentry-workshop decor (Wall Shrine spam)
    2. Alternatively, you will rely on all the means possible, and use trade. This means
      • Spam a non-specialized mine with workers (for Coal, Clay and Sand)
      • Convert all sand into glass panes then bottles
      • Summon Novorus special trader a bunch, buy them out constantly (logs, clay and stone)
      • Logs turn into planks, clay and stone turn into bricabrac
      • Carpentry makes Wall Shrines and the Ceramics shop will make clay pots
      • Any excess clay should be turned into bricks for use in wall (or brick fence) construction
    3. Summoning the Stahlmark standard trader may be useful, as they provide greater "alternatives", mostly because iron parts (for muskets) and iron ingots (for making pistols) are great stuff, while any copper ingots can be bricabraced.
    4. Rather than the 3-plank bricabrac, consider turning Planks into Lacquered Planks, which can get you a lot more stuff
      (Trade value gain from 130 to 480, nearly a tripling on top of a high production value)
    5. Similar to the above, using Glass Panes for your bricabrac isn't as great as trading if you can get it:
      (Trade value gain from 450 to 720)
    Overseer sleeping
    Currently, sleeping in a cot in a horrible place (ie: worst possible Quality) gives a happiness modifier of +0, ie: you're worse off with this than sleeping outdoors (+1 happiness) BUT colonists may feel tired due to not sleeping for (-1 happiness). Sleeping on the floor will likely get your colonists (+1 happiness) as well.

So right now, it seems you can probably get away without having sleeping arrangements beyond the floor... Note that you don't have the Felt Tired => Strike immediately sort of silliness anymore.

3. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

Carpets & Rugs

I've been reminded by someone in the 50C post that carpets and rugs should still be a thing. Not only are they very cheap (200-300 TV for 1), and excellent value for money (one of these is worth 4 Quality) it's also the case that, potentially, you can put them under modules and thus... save a lot of space!

The Novorus standard trader carries the carpets and rugs, making it a good choice to call in repeatedly once your logs/stone situation is secure (if you had any issues before)

[​IMG]

Buy and use carpets and/or rugs, this is the best way to decor up everything. My 9x9 Pyramid which holds 18 beds needs +24 decor, which is 6 rugs. Perfect.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  4. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

Oh snap that's pretty good. I should try out 50C this weekend.

5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

[​IMG]

I have purchased the carpets, laid them down and then checked. The same 9x9, 18 bed layout at Wonderful quality still works. Welp. The trade value for those is too low for a +4 decor item.

6. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member

Hello,
    There s a list or grid of each building quality level somewhere, please ?

7. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

• Tier. 6: Wonderful
    • Tier. 4: Great
    • Tier. 2: Comfortable
    • Tier. 0: Typical
    • Tier -2: Uncomfortable
    • Tier -4: Overcrowded
    • Tier -6: Dismally Packed

Tarod likes this.
  8. Teutomatos

Teutomatos Member