Decent into the Dungeon (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'RPGs' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. blob

blob Member

Torma tries to mentally grab the spider, pull her down at axe level for Berz while holding it above ground so that it is unable to move. While pulling her down he tries to rotate the spider so that it shows its back to Berz.

2. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

((Using what?))

3. blob

blob Member

( Well, telekinesis. Unless the spider weights more than 375 pounds)

4. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

(Ok, just needed the reminder. We will see if it works, the thing is entitled to a will save.)

5. Hort takes a step 5 feet forward and points at the closest spider that isn't blocked by anyone "zap!" (Eldrich blast +12 1d6)

6. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Berz moves forward and sets himself, ready to force back the spider.

Rantic throws his scythe at the beast, and pulls out a small skeleton as it slices deeply in.

Torma focuses on the spider, and tries to move it with his mind, but the spider seems to shrug off his mental attack.

The spider rushes Berz, and the two lock up as Berz attempts to push it back. They struggle for a moment, and then Berz stumbles back as the spider overpowers him.

Danton, after seeing that, REALLY prays for help from his god, and a bright glow suffuses the area.

Hort steps around Berz, and points his/her finger at the monster, blasting it with strange eldritch energy. It squeals, and is clearly injured badly.

7. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Ok, I love you guys, but I am calling it. I had a lot of fun, but my absence has killed this game.

8. blob

blob Member

Aw yeah it sucks but it seems we cant get the pace back :(

9. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

If anyone would like to jump in on another game, I am running a campaign on RPoL right now, and we will be dropping a couple of non responsive players. It is not Dredmor themed, but is D&D 3.5.

10. blob

blob Member

I dont think I'll be starting a new game soon, but it sucks to lose this one. :l

11. Godwin

Godwin Member

I agree, I think I had even forgotten to tell you guys I was in Stockholm last weekend.
    It's indeed unfortunate but it was a good run anyways :)
    Now... SPOILERS :D What were your thoughts on the future DM?

12. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Well, the plan was for you all to die in this fight. You would be rescued by your future selves, and put in place to stop Dredmor. You would stop him, but not before the absorption process began. You would kill some minions, and interrupt Dredmor, but the dungeon would not have enough magic to keep going. The party, Dredmor, No-eyes, and piles of monsters would all be expelled to the surface, and soon would discover that all the energy that was in the dungeon, and is most definitely not in Dredmor has escaped, and having nowhere else to go, has inhabited several people around the world.

This would trigger a mad chase around the planet, searching out the people who now have these strange abilities, and collecting the energy in the capacitor crystal that the teams all find in the wreckage. Some people would be happy to be rid of the power, some would need to be talked into giving it up, and some would aggressively defend their new power. At the end, you would have to confront Dredmor and No-eyes to get their crystals, and finally decide on weather to use or destroy the crystals. Either way, the campaign would end there, whatever you decided.

13. blob

blob Member

I wanna play this.

14. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Well, I was into it as well, but a week of no reply proved that it was dead.

15. It's really too bad we couldn't continue. I enjoyed playing with all of you, and I could safely say that Dyry has been the best DM I've gotten a chance to play with.

16. Godwin

Godwin Member

Wow that sounds like a great future... now I can dream of it, thanks for sharing. I do agree it's sad, and I don't think it's any one's fault especially. The combined amount of time put in it did indeed seem too low lately.

Ah well, such things happen, thanks for the ride Dyrynify!

blob likes this.
  17. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

No problem. Anyone who would like to continue with a different ride, just search me out on RPoL. I might be booting a couple of inactive players, and could use some tried and true people to step in.

Thank you all again for the wonderful time. It has been a blast.

(Devs: I am willing to write the story presented for a Dungeons of Dredmor sequel. LOL.)

blob, TheJadedMieu and Daynab like this.
  18. TheJadedMieu

TheJadedMieu Member

I can't find you on RPoL. What's your username there?

19. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Same as here. Go to "Browse/Search the Games", and put in Dyrynify in the GM name section. Make sure you uncheck "Only games requesting new players", or it wont show.

20. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

sorry, it is "Only active games requesting players". Thats the part that you need to uncheck.