Decent into the Dungeon (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'RPGs' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

[OOC: The deck in front of her gathers the largest amount of the mist, but competes with her for the largest source of magic in the room. They both absolutely reek of very strong, and very old, divination magic.]

"Nice trick, boy." She whispers, just loud enough for you to hear. "Seeing that you have some idea now, you sure you want to sit down at this table?"

2. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Also, please just post your actions, and I will tell you the results.

3. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

4. Godwin

Godwin Member

And this would be the ankle bone, connected to the...
    Suddenly Dragore looks up from the bloody plate before him and sees a crooked old lady enter, who has about the same effect on the guests as he had.

Weird, he thinks to himself, she looks human and her demeanor is not that imposing.
    She's known then, and has build herself a reputation. Interesting.

He follows her movements and looks her in the eye when she looks at him. A definite hint there. She wants Dragore to come to her.

Putting down his knife and absently petting the short fur on the head of the dead lil batty (about the only part of it not turned inside out yet), he leans back in his chair and decides to let one of the others volunteer first.
    A dwarf sitting at the table casts a spell. He can feel it probing him, as well as most of the crowd. How impolite. And understandable. And unuseful apparently, since he seems none the wiser.

He volunteers so that could be interesting.

5. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Swig takes a pull from his tankard, then plops his butt in the chair opposite the old woman. Might as well see if she's got some actual talent here.

"Show me whatcha got."

6. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

"First, the rules. You tell me how many you want drawn, and I draw them. Once announced, that number of cards MUST be drawn. After, I interpret the cards drawn, and tell you the future. What you go with that knowledge is up to you."

She gestures to the cards. "There are 22 cards. How many do you want?"

7. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Swig took a look into his mug, swirling the contents a little. Nearly time for a refill. Hmph.

"Gimme two. One from th' bottom, if'n ya can."

8. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

"Unusual, but I will try" She pulls the one from the top first. "The fiery flying plastic blob," she says. "very interesting. You are destined to fight a powerful foe, but will reap great rewards if you defeat it." She lifts the deck, and pulls a card from the bottom. "It worked. It is the wise old man. When you are in need, someone will appear to assist you. You have drawn, your future is revealed. NEXT!"

9. Hort wasn't normally interested in old women, but the idea of having his fortune told sounded amusing to him. After watching some elf covered in charcoal get dismissed by the old lady, he figured he would take a turn at this telling of fortune.

Hort finished the last of his cheese, hopped off of his bar stool, and quickly climbed up another one across from the old lady.

"Ooooo, oooo! Do my fortune next!" He excitedly yelled while waving his arms.

10. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

"The rules are the same as before. How many do you want?"

11. Lucky number...! (Hort throws a dice on the table. It lands on 4) That one!

12. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

"Ok, I can do that."

She flips the first card. "First one, is the Big Gold Chair. You are going to be a leader of men."

She flips the next. "Second, the Inferno. A very powerful being hates you. Sorry about your luck."

The third card flips over. "Third, the Key. Interesting. You will find something that will help you defeat your enemies."

"Fourth, the clown. Very interesting." She says, pausing. "Here is an opportunity for you to make a choice. I can read the fate on this card, or, you can choose to draw two other cards. What will you do?"

13. "Sounds like a tempting offer. I'll take it!"

14. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

"Ok, two more it is."

She flips the first card.

"The 3 crones. Your luck will keep you out of a dangerous situation, but Lady Luck is fickle, and will protect you just once."

The second card is flipped. "The snatching hawk. Something you hold dear will be taken from you"

She starts shuffling the deck. "Any other takers?"

15. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

"Me!"

16. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

"You know the rules by now. How many?"

17. Godwin

Godwin Member

A slight smile curdles around Dragore's lips as he watches and waits for his turn.

18. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

"Uhhh...Six."

19. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

"Well, ambitious are we? Lets get started."

She pulls the cards rapidly, one after the other.

"Lets see. The Medusa, the Moon, the 3 Crones again, the Chest of Gems, the Sun and the Star. The medusa reveals a curse. The moon provides a blessing. The crones show you will be in a dangerous situation, but survive. The gems predict wealth. The sun suggests that you will find a powerful item. The star tels me you will grow in power soon. Ok, I have time for one more. Who's next?"

20. Godwin

Godwin Member

Dragore steps forward and sits down at the table with the crone.
    He looks her squarely in the eye, a slight smile still on his lips.

"Only the Major Arcana then?", he says, nodding to the 22 cards.
    "In that case I'll be the wisest fool and go the full circle of experience: 22 cards please."