Decent into the Dungeon (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'RPGs' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. blob

blob Member

" You like cooked rats maybe ? I have those 17 flasks of oil and was wondering if a nice little fire could take care of some of them. Except if the wizard can fart another killer cloud ? "

2. Godwin

Godwin Member

"I just wanted to check if there's a way out. You said you came in through a tunnel dug by Diggles. I also just heard that the entrance is closed until one defeats Dredmor. I didn't know that and I really dislike being trapped here. So it's good to know we can go outside through the way you came in.
    Although I didn't see any tunnel dug by Diggles, I did see signs that indeed this sigil led me to where you were. Continuing that way alone wouldn't have been prudent, and I wouldn't have survived all these years if I weren't at least prudent.
    We can go back, to see if Torma speaks the truth about the way out, but there's no real point yet. Whether we're trapped and don't know it or aren't trapped doesn't matter until we want to find out.
    I guess it can be beneficial for some future decisions if we know what case it is, but I am not that adverse to just taking some chance. So up to you lot really."

Rantic then walks over to Torma and checks the map.

"Hmm, where's the way you came in? Why haven't you marked that? That would be pretty darn important I'd say. Maybe you are lying about how you got here after all? The place I ended up in was dungeon, like here. It was not like you described a tunnel that Diggles dug. Maybe we should check to make sure we're not accompanied by some... well... untrustworthy person."

He then looks straight at Torma, and asks seriously but not accusingly:
    "Have you lied to us?"
    [+sense motive on the answer]

3. blob

blob Member

"Haha ! " The foreigner crosses his arms and looks slightly amused " I'm gonna be honest, I don't really care if there's an exit. I'm not planning on making it out alive of this rotten dump and its fine with me, I deserve it... "
    Torma looks more serious again and pauses for a moment. Scratching his beard he seems to try to recall something...
    " I don't mind helping you find out anyway, but I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Swig said this place was designed to keep people from leaving and a bit earlier, I happened to see a tunnel from a diggle repair itself in the most unnatural way. I wouldn't be surprised if the same happened with the tunnels I came from..."

Pointing at the room at the very North on his map " This is the room I came from. I only started mapping my progress at this point since I had no idea I got myself into such a huge maze. Can't clearly recall what's before that... Wasn't really myself. "

"Let's go and check it out."

4. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

[He seems extremely truthful about everything.]

5. Godwin

Godwin Member

"Alright. As far as I am concerned you're welcome to stay with us, if you make sure your deathwish doesn't bring the rest of us unnecessary risk.

A pity about the possible exit, but I suspect you're right. This place should be sealed in many, many ways to contain a Lich as powerful as Dredmor... maybe that's why he uses those Diggles... they must be of a strange magic to be able to burrow through..."

Rantic trails off in thought.

6. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

(So, where we going, Hort?)

7. blob

blob Member

Something in Rantic's first sentence seems to catch Torma off guard and he becomes silent.

8. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

"Badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger..."

Berz listens (+8) at the not-trapped north doorway.

"...snaaaaaaaake..."

Dyrynify likes this.
  9. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

(d20+8=20) You are not sure what you hear. There seems to be some sound, but not a lot. It sounds like something trying to be silent but not doing a great job of it.

brobbeh likes this.
  10. Essence

"There's...something...back here. Best open the door ready to kick butt."

"OK, I'm ready. You guys want I should open first?"

11. blob

blob Member

Torma seems a bit lost in his thoughts but he slowly draws his weapons.
    "Kick that door. In his face."

12. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Consensus?

13. Godwin

Godwin Member

"Go ahead, I'm ready for whatever!", Rantic grins happily and seems eager to continue now that he has stopped theorizing about Dredmor's prison.

14. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

3/5, and majority rules. Berz gives the door a mighty kick, then he and Torma rush in, weapons drawn. And there is nothing there. You look around, and see skeletons piled in the north east corner, and broken weapons scattered on the floor. The 55'x25' room is otherwise empty, with no other entrances.
    Party004.jpg

15. Godwin

Godwin Member

"Hmm skeletons," I muse when I see them from behind Berz' broad shoulders, "interesting. If they rise... we can do a little experiment. If they don't, we can do a different experiment." I smile broadly and urge them further in, looking at the bones.

16. blob

blob Member

" AH ! By saint Aedric ! There you are you invisble bastards ! " And with those words Torma starts swinging wildly his blades around him.

[ Any luck hitting anything ?]

Dyrynify likes this.
  17. Essence

"SHHH!"

Listen harder. (+8) With the door open, this should be easier. ;)

18. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Torma: Critical strike!... on empty air.

Berz: Sounds a little like insects.

19. blob

blob Member

" D...damnit."
    Torma sighs.

" You sure you heard something ?"

20. Essence

"Bugs? Something...scrabbly."

Berz readies an action to counterattack anything that hits him and shifts 5' closer to the center of the room.