Decent into the Dungeon (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'RPGs' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Berz and Swig move forward, Swig casting as he goes. Rantic releases a fog of dark energy that surrounds 6 of the diggles.(2d8+6= 17, 2d8+6= 17, 2d8+6= 11, 2d8+6= 10, 2d8+6= 17, 2d8+6= 12) 3 of them die outright as Hort fires. (d20+10=28; Hit: 1d6+1d6=10) Another one drops. There is now a mostly clear path to the rest of the group. Next round actions from the four please, we already have Tormas.

Heres the map: Party001.jpg

2. blob

blob Member

[Just confirming that Torma will definitely head to the south door to find a position where he can fight diggles 1 on 1.]

3. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

South or south east?

4. blob

blob Member

South. Closest exit Torma sees.

5. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Not the closest exit to which there is a clear path?

6. Essence

Stupid auto-posting reflex. My action when the time comes is pretty straightforward: Rage, and swing at the nearest living thing with a spiraled probiscus. If there's nothing in range, I ready an action to swing at something should it advance on me. Swing should be at +15 to hit and deal 1d12+2d6+13 [[19-20/x3]] damage to the target and 1d6 damage to me. Too bad

7. blob

blob Member

[South door is 10' away from Torma, South east door is 25' each away and has about 8 diggles minimum around: I m not sure if they can make opportunity attacks on him ? ( are they still flat footed ? ). Besides theres only 1 diggle in the way to the south door from where he'll be able to fight safely. Dun worry !]

8. Essence

...(SORRY!)...that it's not next level yet; I'm looking forward to some two-attacks-per-round goodness.

9. Essence

It doesn't matter if their still flatfooted or not, you don't provoke AoEs if all you do is move.

10. Hort reloads her crossbow and fires (+10) at the diggle directly East from Horts position.

11. Godwin

Godwin Member

((You fire at nothing.))
    I walk into the door opening, careful not to step in front of Hort's aim.
    I smile and become cheery, "Now we're talking'! Hahahaa have at ye Diggles!!"
    I throw my Scythe at one of the remaining wounded Diggles (+9 to hit, 2d4 +6 damage).
    It returns to my waiting hand.

12. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Swig reaches into a pouch hanging on his belt, drawing out a brownish-gray, furry lump. He throws the lump into the middle of the fray, where it suddenly expands into a fully-formed animal. "That'll give 'em somethin' to chew on."

[I didn't pack a lot of combat spells this run. Throwing a critter out as close to the middle of the room, into an empty space, as I can. Roll 1d100 to see what I get. And remind me how to invoke a die-roll in the forum.]

13. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Torma stabs one of the diggles with his sword. (d20+6=24; Hit: 1d8+1d6+5=12). It drops with a flash of red energy that flows into Torma as he runs to, and opens, the south door.
    Fortunately, he killed the last in that initiative bracket, so Rantic throws his scythe at one of the still flatfooted diggles. (d20+9=19; Hit: 2d4+6=12) Dead diggle.
    Hort, who I am assuming is firing west, takes a shot. (d20+10=26; Hit: 2d6+1=11) This diggle is having a bad day.
    Some of the diggles seem to notice that they are dying in droves, and decide to attack.
    Two move in to attack Torma in the doorway, and one does. (d20+3=17; Miss). Three move to the rest of the party, and two attack Berz. (d20+3=10; Miss), (d20+3=9; Miss)
    Swig throws a furry ball out into the room. (d%=99) One of the diggles is about to peck at it when it turns into a badger. The badger looks at the diggle, then flips the heck out, rushing it with claws and teeth. (d20+4=18; Hit: 1d2-1=1. d20+4=24; Crit threat, roll to confirm: d20+4=19, confirmed: 2d2-1=3. d20-1=15; Miss).
    Berz, chuckling angrily, (don’t ask how) swings at the first unfortunate diggle in his path. (d20+15=35; Crit threat, roll to confirm: d20+15=21, confirmed: 3d12+2d6+39=64). Berz turns the diggle to a fine paste, and as a bolt of energy leaps from the axe in his hand to strike his chest (1d6=4) he turns his attention to the other one that attacked him. (Cleave attack: d20+15=20; Hit: 1d12+2d6+13=30). Another bolt strikes Berz (1d6=2) as he admires the 2 perfect half diggles in front of him.
    The rest of the diggles move in and surround the badger, and fill in the blank spaces near the party. Party002.jpg

14. blob

blob Member

[Nice job giving all the details on the map !]

Now in the doorway, Torma barely checks the south room to see if its not also filled with monsters and turns back to face the diggles just in time to avoid the drill of one of them.
    " You're not very good at killing. Here, I'll show you how it works." Using his long swords, Torma then proceeds to turn the diggle into a pile of squirts of squirts.

[+6 ; 1d8 +5 +1d6 ]
    [+7 ; 1d8 +6]
    [+2 ; 1d8 +5 +1d6 ]

He then pauses upon noticing the badger that seem to have come out of nowhere who's busy savagely digging into a diggle's face. "Wow. Never seen anything like that."

15. Essence

"Badger, badger, badger, badger!" Berz sing-songs a bizarre tune from his childhood as he mimics the ferocious summoned beast. Enthralled by his own meat-pasting of that first Diggle, Berz has decided the Badger is his totem animal. He snarls viciously as he powers his axe through the next pale yellow foe (to the North, or West if the North one is dead by the time his turn arrives). +15 to hit and 1d12+2d6+13 [[19-20/x3]] damage to the target and 1d6 damage to me. Again, if there are no valid targets, Berz readies.

16. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Swig curses under his breath beard. "Next time, I'm packin' my butt-kickin' spells. Gimme room, guys!" He draws a plastic knife from his pocket, using it to ward off the occasional drill-beak.

[Taking a withdrawal action to get back into the anvil room. I ain't built for melee.]

17. Godwin

Godwin Member

I go stand where Swig stood and cast Cloudkill basically everywhere in the room (not over doorways) except in the corner where me and Berz stand, the badger be damned.
    I shout: "Do NOT enter that green cloud!"

((Notice you guys tend to give the rolls to the DM, but cloudkill is pretty long... well here goes: kills any living creature with 3 or fewer HD (no save). A living creature with 4 to 6 HD is slain unless it succeeds on a Fortitude save (in which case it takes 1d4 points of Constitution damage on your turn each round while in the cloud).
    A living creature with 6 or more HD takes 1d4 points of Constitution damage on your turn each round while in the cloud (a successful Fortitude save halves this damage).))

18. Hort reloads her crossbow again and goes to stand in the hallway. "If any are still standing afterwords, I'll make sure they're not standing for long."

19. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Torma swings kind of wildly at the diggle in front of him. (d20+6=10; Miss.)(d20+7=15; Miss.)(d20+2=4; Miss.) He’s not doing well. Rantic tells everyone to avoid the spell he casts, which seems silly after you see every diggle drop dead. Soon all the fog moves off, and you all see a lot of dead diggles, and one dead badger.

(1500 EXP. to everyone.)

Discuss amongst yourselves.

20. blob

blob Member

" Euagh ! What foul stench ! What in the world just... " Torma frowns as he understands he just witnessed a rather powerful magic spell. " Hmmph... Wizards." After the cloud dissipates, he walks in in the room to meet the other adventurers though he keeps a safe distance from them. He starts speaking with a strong foreign accent: " Greetings. It appears we have a common taste in killing those cone beak... things. Whatever they are." He waves at the bodies in the room.

" I am Torma. Are you familiar with this place maybe ? I have to admit I do not have a single clue of where I could be."