Decent into the Dungeon (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'RPGs' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

"Uh...I could jump over it. Probably. But your plan is more complicated and thus more likely to succeed, so let's go with that."

2. "We might be able to all just jump over it, but it might be a better idea to try being a bit safer. First I want to see if it really will support me." Hort ties a rope around herself, then throws the other end at Berz. "Hold that will ya?"

3. Essence

"Sure."

Berz ties the rope around his waist, loops it around one forearm, and braces himself against the door frame.

4. Hort slowly steps on to the plate to see if it will hold

5. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Swig stays back a bit, watching Hort's efforts. No sense in offering magical help if the guy doesn't need it.

6. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

It does not hold. Luckily, the rope does. The pit is 20' deep, with smooth sides and floor.

7. Essence

Berz hauls Hort back up. (Strength check +4 if need be.)

8. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Not really needed. The floor begins to crank back up slowly.

9. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Swig hmphs. "Well, that didn't go too badly." He turns around, eyeing the door they used to enter the room. "Say. Take this sucker off its hinges. It's tall enough; put it over the pit, next to the door."

10. Hort gets off of the panel as soon as possible. At hearing Swig's suggestion Hort says "Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Let's do that. Once that's in place I'll check the door for traps."

11. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Once you move the door, you find there are no traps, and the door is unlocked.

12. Hort opens the door and takes a minute to see what's inside

13. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

The room is 15' by 45' with doors in all 4 walls. Other then that, it is empty. Oh, wait, there are diggles in here. Lots of diggles. 20 or more.

[also, here is the map party.jpg party.jpg party.jpg .]

14. Essence

"OK, shi--da--fu----CRAP that's a lot of drillheads. Stand aside, y'all."

Berz moves to the front and summons his axe.

15. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Suddenly, a flash of light and there is a dude standing in the middle of the diggles.

16. blob

blob Member

" Oh, boy !"
    Torma takes a quick look around him... and decides he actually likes what he sees. A grin on his face he plants his swords in the first diggle he finds, then tries to rush past the other ones to reach the closest exit.

Attacks on the diggle: [+6 ; 1d8 +5 +1d6 ] [+7 ; 1d8 +6]

[Is the closest exit to me the south door ?]

17. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Hold your horses, I need to roll initiative. (Rolling...)

Here's the order:
    Torma
    Monsters
    Rantic
    Hort
    Monsters
    Swig
    Berz
    Monsters
    Ok, Berz stepped up, then Torma popped in. I need actions from everyone for the first round. After that, we will get to Tormas first action. The diggles are surprised this round, so keep that in mind.

18. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Swig keeps pace with Berz, speaking arcane passages then slapping the barbarian's back. Instantly, Berz's skin shines a luminescent, banded green, emphasizing every sinew, every flex of muscle. The glow fades, leaving a lingering pattern of lines. "Sic 'em!"

[Casting bull's strength on Berz. He gets +4 Strength for 6 minutes: +2 on attack rolls, +2 or +3 on melee damage.]

19. Hort draws her crossbow and stands near the door way taking aim at the closest diggle that isn't in melee of Berz or Torma. Hort shoots (+10)

20. Godwin

Godwin Member

I peek through the door and cast mass inflict moderate wounds on 6 diggles (2d8 +6) standing between us and the stranger, trying to give that dude a clear path to us. I stand outside the door (Krong room) just around the corner, not on the door that lies over the trap, to allow others easy access.