Decent into the Dungeon (IC Thread)

Discussion in 'RPGs' started by Dyrynify, Oct 25, 2011.

1. "Was I always this female?" Hort looks down "I don't think I remember these"

Dyrynify likes this.
  2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahahaahaaaaa!!!!.....wait, that's not an illusion?"

3. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Nope, no illusion.

4. Godwin

Godwin Member

Dragore squints.
    "Ah, I see it now, yes, hehe, funny guy, Krong.
    Sorry, hard to see the gender with you dwarven, no offense."

5. "Dwarven? Who's Dwarven? Certainly not I." Hort looks at the door in the North West corner then looks back at everyone else. "If we're done here, I suggest that we move on."

6. Essence

"OK by me, I guess."

Berz looks a little wierded out.

7. "Are you feeling well Berz?" Hort walks over to the door in the North West corner and searches it (+12)

8. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Did anyone go over there with him/her?

9. Godwin

Godwin Member

Rantic looks at the 3 feet short figure walking away. "Well what are you then? A gnome? A halfling? Your voice is funny all of a sudden. But yeah... I'm blue."
    Rantic looks at Berz and Swig, trying to see anything different about them.

10. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Hort, are you searching the whole area, or the door?

11. (I usually do searches as I move, which is why I took the lead in the party)

"Yes, yes I am a halfling. Since your skin is blue now, does that make you a smirf?"

12. Essence

"It's OK, darky," Berz says with something that approximates an empathic tone of voice. "There's no need to be blue. No one even said anything mean about you this time."

Berz walks over to Hort. "So, uh...sorry I called you a dwarf earlier. You're, uh...not all that skinny, see?"

13. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Swig chuckles at the almost-unexpected changes amongst the other delvers. "Ha! That's Krong fer ya. He gives some, he takes some away. Granted, some say it's 'cause of faulty procedures, or poor customer service. Could go either way; if we ever run into a plastic anvil, though, best thing is to run. Fast."

Propping his crossbow over one shoulder, he rolls up his sleeves before indicating to the far door.

[OOC: Sleeves. Get it?]

14. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Hort: Then you notice the pit trap in front of the door.

15. How big is it in front of the door?

16. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

5' wide to match the door, and 10' long. Clearly meant to catch a couple of people, not just one.

17. Does the trap make the floor collapse or is the floor fake? If the former, is there a visible trigger for it?

18. Dyrynify

Dyrynify Member

Disable device to examine safely: (d20+12=28) It is a dropping trap door, triggered by weight. If wedged up, it might hold you all as you walk on it.

19. "There's a trap door here on the floor" Hort waves his hand around the general area in front of the door "I think we could walk across if we had something to keep it up. Anyone got any ideas?"

20. Godwin

Godwin Member

"Someone light, like a halfling, could go over it and fasten a rope to the door handle. If there's doubt the trap will hold that he can be hastened like Berz was in the tavern. He should also unlock the door. Then he can cross back.
    We all can hold the other end. Then the heaviest can cross, that would be Berz. He will put a lot of weight on the rope but not all. The hope is no one will trigger the trap. Then he opens the door and goes to stand there. For this there should be a small ledge between the trap and the door. If there isn't the halfling could open the door and wedge something in between to make it stuck in open position.
    Then I will cross, same manner, putting a lot of weight but not necessarily all, on the rope.
    Then Swig, if you would be able to hold the rope then Hort?
    Then Hort can bring the rope back, as he's presumably light enough not to trigger it."