Dead monsters display as having 1 hp left

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Bohandas, Aug 28, 2013.

1. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I recently noticed that some dead monsters in my game are listed as having 1 hp remaining.

This isn't really a problem but it seems out of order and for all I know may be related to some other bug that is a problem.

Attached is a screenshot.

Attached Files:

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I am pretty sure this is the same bug as the one where monsters slowly heal themselves, as I often observe the two together. They also briefly animate as if though they're alive after taking a stairwell to a floor with 1-hp dead monsters, and then get stuck in a frame of their walking animation but don't appear dead.

Kazeto and Bohandas like this.
  3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

I can confirm the one hit point thing also -- I saw it this evening in an unmodded run. Not all corpses are listed with an hp, but I did notice one. At least in my game, it didn't seem to have anything other than a cosmetic affect.

Kazeto likes this.
  4. Aphlox

Aphlox Member

This seems related to instances of things like monsters that have been dead for several rounds resisting or being haywired by ongoing effects like "on fire."

Kazeto likes this.
  5. rydash

rydash Member

Fun fact: I put this bug in during one of the betas! I thought it was related to overkilling a monster, but never did quite figure it out. While this knowledge is useful, given that it's cosmetic, it might be around a while...

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

If it is in fact related to monsters healing themselves, the underlying cause is a gameplay bug.

Kazeto likes this.