Daynab? DAYNAB??

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Frelus, Aug 2, 2012.

1. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I thought you could only control demons by knowing their name?
    Wait...that means everyone here are demons! AGHHHH!
    "No, David, you are the demons" and then David was a zombie.

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Not necessarily.

I don't know about Lorrelian, but in my case it's something from "Tales of Earthsea" - there, everything (not just everyone) had a "True Name" knowing which gave you power over it (sometimes to limited degree, albeit that still is power), and thus the more names a mage knew, the more powerful he could become.

mining likes this.
  3. dissection

dissection Member

I appreciate that decision though. Was the right thing to do there, just could have happened after i posted my answer;)

Kazeto likes this.
  4. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

Oh. I see. Thanks for explaining, Dissection.

And to you, Kazeto, thanks for explaining that to me.
    I was hoping my joke would have gathered a few laughs though. :)

5. Giygas

Giygas Member

Hmm... Let me guess...

Tom? No...
    Bob? Nah...
    Ged? YESH DATS THE ONE DATS IT GIVE ME A DIGGLE PLOX

(You know i'm creative because each one is only three letters long.

6. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

No, I think his real name is Tombobged. :)

7. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Well, that explains the jaunty mustache and goatee.

8. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

Ahh crap, someone could have told me that 5 years ago :p

9. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

I would have liked to have known that around 10 years ago. :)
    When I stopped using cooldude, please don't laugh, and started using my name followed by 1111 or 1000, or some variant of that.
    Sometimes I would use Ares1000, after the Greek God, but not for forums..just games.

I also once forgot to change my name once while playing Deathmatch with someone in Doom. Apparently, I had my name as God, so he kept killing God. :p

Kazeto likes this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

I found more than a dozen "OmniNegro" that are not myself. They could all be the same other person, but I doubt that from the subjects and languages and even wording each used.

Unique died with the birth of the Internet.

11. FaxCelestis

I'm the only Fax Celestis I've found. The key is to find something unique enough that it's not common, but not weird enough that you're a freak.

12. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Yeah. I will stick with this handle. But I may have to make a dozen FaxCelestis e-mail accounts for humor. (No. I would not do that.)

13. DavidB1111

DavidB1111 Member

But I might! Wahahahaha!
    No, I wouldn't either.

14. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I've googled my screen name(Arron Syaoran), and the only results i've ever found were from yours truly. Arron is a reference to "Sprite Finder"(one of my old, never-posted creations), and is based off the name Aaron. Syaoran is the name of a Cardcaptor Sakura character(Syaoran Li, aka Li Showron in the USA version). My old screen name used to be Pooh Wouncy(Winnie the Pooh, and Bouncy Wouncy, I was a kid then). Bouncy Wouncy is another one of my creations, who also makes an appearance in Sprite Finder. This is the first time I've ever posted "The Origin of Arronsyaoran" on the internets, ever.

15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

And yet, if we were to write his name in his supposed language (Chinise), it would be "Li Xiao Lang"; gotta love Chinese->Japanese->English name translations. But I'm digressing here...

16. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

Aaron Xiaolang, the Robot Assassin, aka Arron Syaoran, the Android Rogue.

17. FaxCelestis

..."Strong Boat"?

Kazeto likes this.
  18. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

My bro's on a boat.

Kazeto likes this.
  19. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

I googled HenrySpock before I ever used it, coming up with no others. Now there are several.

My real name? There are 254 of us in the US with my first/last name. I'm the only one with my first/last/middle combination - so Henry has become a bit dear to me.