Day-To-Day Work Logs and Woot! Engine Stuff!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 19, 2012.

1. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

Just wanted to say thanks for the scenarios/stories you guys are putting up for us. You mus be talented writers to make in that engaging when the stuff you are covering doesn't exist yet to make it that engaging. If this lands as 3 quarters of the game in my head I can see a big collection of insanely hilarious lets plays building up.

2. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Daynab likes this.
  3. Thanks for the Devlog, can the appearance of characters change over the course of the game? Also, will foreigners have a unique set of character parts?

4. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

• I imagine hair will probably go gray for older characters.
    • Foreigners will definitely have foreign hats (eg. a Pickelhaube for Stahlmarkians). We'll see how far it goes with unique parts for foreign cultures - really depends on how much they're needed to get the idea across.

Turbo164 likes this.
  5. Whats the learning curve like? Will there be scenarios/missions intended to introduce a certain concept to the player. For example, factories, agriculture, natives or airships?

6. mining

mining Member

7. MOOMANiBE

Kazeto likes this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Are the "joys of painting" from the tags something that was created, or is it just that David was so blissful when he was drawing that?

9. EvilCyst

EvilCyst Member

I klove how they added a reference to larva fields. Gave a really strong sense they interact with their community, because, well, they do. I wonder if they'll add la(r)va fields into the game proper? That would be awesome.

10. Wootah

Wootah Member

Larva fields are awesome! Larva that eat only dead flesh and junk, you can swim in like a resort to clean up.
    Flesh eating larva, you can skeletonize things dipped in there to get rid of rot smell! Or lure enemies through. Just make sure some ancient pottery doesnt fall in there and imbue them with evil mobility!

Vitellozzo likes this.
  11. Lorrelian

Lorrelian Member

The U.S. Public Broadcasting network used to run a show called "The Joys of Painting" that stared Bob Ross, who was constantly drawing happy [insert natural object that was usually a tree here]. I believe it was a reference to that.

12. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Thank you, Lorr. I wouldn't ever be able to guess that on my own, seeing as I neither live there nor watch the funbox.

13. Triskelli

Triskelli Member

A sweet inspirational remixed video for reference:

Really excited for the biome possibilities!

BDSb and Marak like this.
  14. Loren

Loren Member

<3 Bob Ross. I remember seeing some of his shows when I was a wee one. All of his encouragement made me think I could actually paint.

15. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

16. MOOMANiBE

If you like screens and shots you should really take a look at this ^

17. EvilCyst

EvilCyst Member

Awesome stuff.

18. Wolg

Wolg Member

From the tags and twitter, I do hope it's possible for the random name generator to have an aristocrat character show up who is named Sir Reginald Smugly-Working.

Marak and Vitellozzo like this.
  19. Wootah

Wootah Member

Could someone at gaslamp, comment here or in the comments of the post about the questions regarding dynamic music. I and a few others are quite curious. :)

mailersmate likes this.
  20. mailersmate

mailersmate Member

Hey Nicholas,
    do you have any idea when you might be able to go into detail on what we will be doing to establish production (e.g wheat farm > wheat/straw > bread / cattle farm / bricks (with clay) > beef).

Also 10 nerd points for knowing where i got the example from.

Kazeto likes this.