Day-To-Day Work Logs and Woot! Engine Stuff!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Nicholas confirmed for cosmic mischief deity?

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Wootah

Wootah Member

Haha he promised and Dave is the one who has to implement.
    Is this promise of his something akin to you promising in game features that have never been discussed in the pit? I am sure that you could think of something horrifically difficult to program.

3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

This is something that, if not implemented, will result in Sir Nicholas being smitten with an inflatable hammer.

Or thrown into the dungeon, whichever will be easier to do. Depends on whether there are any nearby dungeons available.

4. Wolg

Wolg Member

The other possibility would be spite driven development via Programmer Art diggles.

Or daggles.

Kazeto likes this.
  5. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well, yes. But isn't all their development spite-driven?

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Kazeto likes this.
  7. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

Finally, people who understand the proper place of violence and gore in a game. My opinion of this team has just risen dramatically. Especially now because WE HAVE THE WIZARD WHITMAN BACK!!

/fanfare

dbaumgart and Kazeto like this.
  8. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I guess ... the one with Whitman might even be enough to stop us from smiting Sir Nicholas with that inflatable hammer we have.

On that note, I do like what I read in this article. Although seeing as I am still somewhat out of it I don't know if that counts for much.

9. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Today's is up.

Glad to see a mention of Dredmor's save file issues at the end - we seem to have had a recent surge in issues with it, so it's good to see it's acknowledged.

Kazeto and Xyvik like this.
  10. Wootah

Wootah Member

I love bug squashing. It feels good when it happens and things work right.

Now for my big question. Are there environmental effects yet in game? Can it rain or Snow?
    Has Nicholas Coded for rain running off the oddly shaped roofs that can be made in CE?

Kazeto likes this.
  11. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Kazeto likes this.
  12. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

13. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

Wait-a-minute....shouldn't Poets be Lower Class? We are talking about a period of time(ish) when Poe was found penniless, dead, dripping with alcohol, and wearing somebody else's clothes. That doesn't sound like Upper Class to me. Unless, of course, your class distinctions are just Totally Awesome.

Kazeto likes this.
  14. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Think less Poe, more Byron.

15. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

You can still be upper class and penniless; god forbid you sully yourself with work. And, worse, work for payment. It'd be so low.

16. Wolg

Wolg Member

Work is the curse of the drinking class...

Kazeto likes this.
  17. Dienes

Dienes Member

To think that money has anything to do with class. Such base and uncouth thoughts but so common among the commoners. I've taken to banditry since I can wear a mask and even if someone recognizes me its still less socially damaging than having a job. Speaking of which I must insist that I have your coin purse.

Kaidelong, Kazeto and Haldurson like this.
  18. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

*adds Aristocratic Bandits to a list*

19. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

Poe's curse was that he was an alcoholic, plus his works sold better overseas than in the U.S. at the time (according to Wikipedia, it was due to the absence of copyright laws, and that American publishers preferred stealing from British writers than paying American writers).

Kazeto likes this.
  20. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Kazeto likes this.