Day-To-Day Work Logs and Woot! Engine Stuff!

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Nicholas, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Yes! Three cheers for David!

Kazeto, Xyvik and dbaumgart like this.
  3. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Well ... for now.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Kazeto and Xyvik like this.
  5. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

If I'm interpreting this correctly, you feel dredmor is still kicking, or could be if it is further ported/localized?

Kazeto likes this.
  6. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I mean: to have proper perspective on a project requires some years of emotional distance from it, and time in general to appreciate the context of its creation and reception. Then again, memories fade, so it's a trade-off.

Kazeto likes this.
  7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Maybe in time you'll be able to think about the Dredmor UI code without screaming in anguish.

Kazeto and Turbo164 like this.
  8. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Kazeto likes this.
  9. Wootah

Wootah Member

That big old building makes me wonder how the game would handle one really giant building.
    What about a building that has a floor plan that loops around and connects with itself?
    What would happen if you make a little building and then try and assign the construction of a bigger building around that one (probably nothing, I would guess that it would probably just treat that as any other obstruction).

Kazeto likes this.
  10. Xyvik

Xyvik Member

You mentioned that we can make sure the Dodo stays extinct. Exciting, exciting. Can we cause the extinction of any other species, perhaps? I would totally want that on my permanent record. "Bureaucrat Xyvik has caused the extinction of 15 species, including Dodo, Cows, and Humans"

Kazeto likes this.
  11. Nettle Soup

Nettle Soup Member

Yeah, the "Urist McDwarf has killed: 200 Elves, 3 Swamp Tigers, 6 Crocodiles, 18 Carp, 4 Elephants and 1 Fishperson" is one of my favourite little things about DF, when a hunter kills a dodo, I want it to be known!

Kazeto likes this.
  12. I'm excited to hear more about diggles in CE

13. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

I really doubt there will be any ... well, maybe as an easter egg if they could fit one in.

14. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

They confirmed there would be diggles in CE a long time ago. I hope as more than just an easter egg. I want them as lovecraftian abominations! Just... cute ones.

Kazeto likes this.
  15. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Yeah, I blame that one on still recovering from the state where I just keeled over mentally and pretended to be alive. Anyway, thanks for clearing that up.

16. dbaumgart

Did we? Pretty sure we just made vague not-sure-if-serious type remarks and didn't actually give a straight answer, as is The Gaslamp Way.

Kazeto likes this.
  17. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

Are you saying that all of your answers are as straight as rainbows?

18. Wootah

Wootah Member

I thought they said there weren't going to be diggles in CE. And sure diggle art on walls might be nice, but i want to be able to hang David Baumgart Art.

19. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Blame Nicholas

20. dbaumgart

Damnit Nicholas.

Right. That statement is not an official Gaslamp Games blah blah blah.

Besides, WHO RUN ART TOWN?

Kazeto and convolutedthinker like this.