Custom resolution

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Samupo, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Samupo

Samupo Member

Hi, I think that having custom resolutions on menu options would be great. Personally I like to play windowed so I can have a video, a document or something like that on the other part of the screen.

The thing is that actually 1024x600 is too big for me because my max resolution is 1366x768 and I need to hide some of the window to play "split screen".

Well, I think it would help to make users decide which resolution do they want to play and scale the game to it.

2. I have about 16 preset resolutions to choose from. My monitor's max is 2048x1152, which is also on the list. I play DoD on 1600x1024. Like you, I like having several open windows when I'm playing DoD. Easy to click on something if my DoD is in a smaller resolution.

Btw, Off Topic...

Under Windows7, does anyone know how to get DoD "pin to taskbar" to work with the Steam launcher? I can easily pin DoD .exe to the taskbar, but I can't figure out how to pin a DoD shortcut ("steam://rungameid/98800") to the taskbar.
    I'd like to launch Steam/DoD via taskbar icon instead of opening Steam Library or using a Desktop icon.

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I don't know the answer to your pinning question since I've never used pinning in Win7 BUT did you know you can run DoD without steam? just run dungeons of dredmor.exe and it doesn't even call up Steam.

4. Yes. This is how I first played DoD and after installing the Steam version, I pinned the .exe to the Taskbar (right click on any .exe/program and you see the option to pin to the taskbar). However, you don't get the pin option for shortcuts.

Oddly, (I hate Steam and Windows Live as a DRM. They create more problems than they... oh Gawd... I won't get started.) I'm getting a kick out of the achievements. I enjoy Gaslamp's DoD humor.

5. Loswaith

Loswaith Member

For shortcuts in windows 7 you have to make a shortcut toolbar.
    Some Instructions

6. Thanks Loswaith, that works well. Nice find!
    Sorry for hijacking your thread Samupo.

7. Samupo

Samupo Member

Hahaha. No problem, but by the way you are here, leave your thoughts.

8. My thoughts...Canada for President!

On a less serious note...
    What about requesting a resizable window? Grab the corner with the mouse and resize by dragging the pointer.
    Do you not have a choice smaller than 1024x600? My smallest resolution choice is 1024x768.

Hmm... I wonder if there is a way to force a smaller window within Windows (or whatever OS your using).

OmniNegro likes this.
  9. Samupo

Samupo Member

I like it. Yummy, yummy.

10. Mao Ranma

Mao Ranma Member

I just use the Steam Jumplist for this, since I have many games. I don't know if they would work for you.

11. Thanks Mao, but that is one of the methods I didn't want to use regularly. I'm left handed and tend to make my Wind'ers screen left heavy for clickables. Information displays are right heavy...

12. Since this thread is already rife with hijacking... do you have a screenshot of this or tips? I'm a lefty but I generally leave everything set to defaults.

13. Really, the only thing I've done is add those shortcuts to the left of the Quick Launch. What icons i do have on the Desktop are mostly to the left. I use the Rainmeter desktop tool for information on the right. Calender, weather, broadband speed, email notifications, feeds, etc. I seldom have to click on that side of the screen. I keep the notification icons in the default location.

I also keep the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. So I'm not heavily customized.