CTD: Going Back Up Stairs

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by NefariousKoel, Jul 16, 2011.

1. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

After over 20 hours of gameplay, I finally got my first CTD.

I had been playing about four hours straight (damn this is addictive) and made it from level 1 to level 3. About halfway through level three, I decided to head back to a big vendor on level 1 who had something I wanted.

When I started up a stairway back to level 2, I got a CTD.

Wish I could be more detailed with this report, but there wasn't any further noticeable trigger other than walking into the stairwell, and the long stretch of play time.

2. Avialle

Avialle Member

I had the same thing happen to me.. made it to level 5 after some hours, decided to go back one lvl and *poof* the game was gone and i was on my desktop without any errormessage.. it was very disappointing.
    I really dont want to turn permadeath off.. i just want to play this game as intended.

3. Econael

Econael Member

I had several reproducable CTDs when I tried to steal from Braxx on level 2-4
    Sadly I didn't note the exact details :/

4. afterstar

afterstar Member

@Avialle You can play with permadeath ON and if you died, then go delete the save file yourself :p. Same effect.

@NefariousKoel Did you have any kind of summoned pet following you near the stairs?
    If you have pets out,changing levels sometimes crash the game.

5. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

Yes, I probably had a wyrmling out.

6. ILYAS

ILYAS Member

what is CTD?

7. NefariousKoel

NefariousKoel Member

CTD = "Crash To Desktop"

Used to also sometimes qualify as BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) in earlier Windows OS'es (Operating Systems). ;-)

8. Lacolo

Lacolo Member

Had the same thing happen, I had a mustache golem, but it died just before I went up the stairs. Goodbye char :(

9. jma0322

jma0322 Member

Just had a CTD after reaching level 4. I wasn't doing much other than moving around when it happened. So frustrating, since it's the second one I've had. Roguelikes should be permadeath, and there are different score categories on steam for each game mode, so I don't want to have to turn it off.

10. Tytaine

Tytaine Member

I just crashed trying to go up stairs from tier 2 to tier 1,
    I had a wyrmling out at the time as well.

I don't think I can play like this, it's too frustrating
    having crashes like this happen after playing for a while.