Cross-type weapons and Religion

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Alistaire, May 25, 2014.

1. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

I'm working on a sub-set of weapons; Offhand (Cross), and I've come up with several description text's. Are these going too far, and how should I fix them if that's the case?

The cheapest one you could get in Crosstantinopel. This wooden cross is horribly nonchristian. ~Wooden Cross
    A rigid stone cross to slam religion into these godless dungeon creatures. ~Stone Cross
    At least it's not as offputting and unlawful as a diggle god cross would be, lucifer be praised! ~Demonic Cross
    What do you mean appraisers of the Diggle Gods are heretics? This even has a seal of holiness! ~Cross of the Diggle Gods
    The most motorically advanced cross in all of Cross Country. ~Motor Cross

2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

I'm pretty sure none of this runs afoul of the steam workshop terms.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  3. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

I'll pay to equip a Motor Cross.

Vitellozzo and Alistaire like this.
  4. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

[​IMG]

Behold, the Motor Cross

Vitellozzo likes this.
  5. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

There should also be a "double cross"

6. Arron Syaoran

Arron Syaoran Member

If Square Enix doesn't mind, and you have Chronomancy in mind, how about a "Chrono Cross"?

Vitellozzo and Kyrris like this.
  7. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Square Enix cannot mind, since no money is involved here.

8. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Not so, but there is no way they're going to be able to sue someone for putting an item in a Dungeons of Dredmor mod called a "Chrono Cross". That has nothing to do with if they're making money or not though, it's just not a violation of trademark or copyright.

Vitellozzo likes this.
  9. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Yes but the trademark for what I'm concerned is about being unable to ever gain something with someone's else copyrighted material.
    But anyway, just make some cross (maybe with flavour effects, let's not pretend those are tomes)!

10. Alistaire

Alistaire Member

If you could give me some reference image (of what the cross should look like) to work with, sure.

11. Noma

Noma Member