Critical Ranged attacks?

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Mr_Strange, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Saw someone mention this the other day, so I thought I'd ask.

What happens when you get a critical attack with a crossbow?

For melee attacks (and I presume throw attacks) you double your :melee_power:. For a crossbow attack do you double the :dmg_piercing: rating of the crossbow? Double all :dmg_piercing: damage? Double all damage of all types?

I'm suddenly thinking that very high :crit: might be an awesome crossbow archetype, depending on the answer to this question...

2. Kazeto

Kazeto Member

It doubles all damage you get from the crossbow, or at least I think it did (I'm not the type to care about one or two points of damage so I haven't bothered to ascertain it).

3. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

90% sure Kazeto is correct -- it doubles the base damage from whatever is in your crossbow slot.

4. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Hmmm - that makes critical crossbow hits pretty potent!

5. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

It actually doubles :dmg_slashing::dmg_crushing::dmg_blast:. You can't get any of it from anything other than barbed bolts and such; stats on your equipment and skiils don't seem to affect it.

Kazeto likes this.
  6. Mr_Strange

Mr_Strange Member

Ok, if true THAT makes crossbows worthless. Again. Sigh.

"Hey, when we get a critical hit with crossbows, let' double all damage of types that CROSSBOWS DON'T DEAL!"

Genius.