Crashes still happening

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by Bash, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Bash

Bash Member

Triggered a monster zoo in the third floor, went upstairs to retreat and the game crashed. Usual stuff: no error message, just sent to desktop, and obviously my save was gone when I returned. Second character I've lost to bugs. It's frustrating and I don't think I want to play anymore.

2. Andrax

Andrax Member

Yep, had the same thing happen to me...crash, restart and no save game :-(

I'm enjoying the game and could deal with the odd crash, but losing the save game is more than a little frustrating.

3. tomgezen

tomgezen Member

I wish I came here first before buying. I know the game is still new but I was convinced to buy it via youtube where people seemed to play for 20 minutes without crashing :/

I've had it for about a half hour myself and crash so often im still in the tutorial.

4. Misery

Misery Member

The extremely simple solution for those of you that are crashing alot:

Turn Permadeath off when making a character, and then just save every few minutes (the Save and Continue option). If you crash, you at worst just lose a small amount of progress, instead of EVERYTHING. Yes, I know, Roguelikes are meant to have Permadeath, but you can always just do what I do, and delete the save manually if you die.

But if you're crashing SUPER often.... like, so much that you cant get through the tutorial... it's time to e-mail the devs about it, because it might not even be a game bug at that point that's causing it (with PC games, stuff like software/driver incompatibilities, and all sorts of other things could be the cause). And if it IS still a bug, your info can help them find it. Do that, instead of ragequitting.

5. Greg72

Greg72 Member

after 20 hours of play first crash, no save available for reload (as expected) /farewell first good mage

6. afterstar

afterstar Member

Make backup of your save files every 30minute or so,so you don't lose your entire progress.

http://www.gaslampgames.com/forum/discussion/127/a-temporary-solution-to-avoid-losing-your-game-in-case-of-crash#Item_1

7. Tankosaurus

Tankosaurus Member

I just lost a game I had been working for a few hours on, opened up a monster zoo on the second level, killed almost the entire thing, game crashed to desktop with no error message and I cannot load the save file, pretty damn frustrating if I must say so. I don't mind dying and losing a char, but this is just awful.