Crash with Multiple Skill Mods

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Werediggler, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

I've installed two skill mods, to be specific, Cooliomancy and Essential DoD II, when I create a character with skills from both of these mods the game crashes while generating the dungeons after the second screen of story text. I can hear the music play but it crashes almost immediately after the music begins. I have checked and double-checked both mods were correctly installed and up to date. Help appreciated and most definitely wanted.

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

I'm going to move this to mods since you're likely to get more attention since it sounds like a modding-related issue.

I don't know much about modding myself but could it be if the skill id is the same in both mods?

3. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

That wouldn't cause these problems.

4. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Sounds like a missing dependency. Do you have RotDG?

5. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

Yes I do, would that affect it? And as for the posting in Bugs not mods, Essence recommended I should post it here when I brought it up in another thread.

6. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

I quickly looked through the Essential DoD Skills II and I didn't find anything that would interfere with my mod. Does each mod work separately, without the other applied?

7. FaxCelestis

FaxCelestis Will Mod for Digglebucks

Only thing I can think of is that some of the mods have skill IDs that are conflicting.

8. Blind Piper

Blind Piper Member

I checked that. Mine starts at 555, Essential starts at 600-ish.

9. maskedmartyr

maskedmartyr Member

I'm sure the culprit is Essential DoD2 but ive had MANY mods crash me operating alone or with prequisites on dungeon generation. There might be a bad item or something of that sort.

10. GoingJuffoWup

GoingJuffoWup Member

I have the same problem too, but it cannot be because mods by different authors cause clashing, it must be something else.

The 2 Mod suspects are both The Clockwork Knight and Tactics Mod both made and authorised by Ruigi, I don't know why but these 2 mods clash together exactly as you said, at the 2nd screen before map generation.

I have tried these 2 mods solo as well as having other mods on at the same time, such as megacrafts, but for some reason, these 2 mods don't like eachother, it's like a sibling rivalry, except the children are the mods and the father is Ruigi.

11. Werediggler

Werediggler Member

To answer your earlier question Piper, yes. I have played Cooliomancy with your Usurper mod and it ran fine, however I don't think I've ran DoD2 alone before.

12. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

if it's the 2nd screen before map gen, it's almost always (in my experience) either a problem drawing the map, or more often it's a problem with the loadouts. Try commenting out the loadouts on whatever skills you're modding in and see if that works.