Windows Vista/7 64-bit Crash when fighting Zoo

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Createx, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Createx

Createx Member

The game crashes when I cast Egyptian Sandstorm on a zoo with all glyphs running, including the Nile one. I tried twice, the first time I was able to cast one and it crashed on the second storm, the second time the first cast crashed the game. I might have been running some buffs...
    Running all expansions, and I think Interior Dreadmorating and Rogueish Renovation, might be the lategame item mod as well.
    [​IMG]
    That was exactly when the game crashed, the attached screenshot is before opening the door for the second crash.

Attached Files:

Kazeto likes this.
  2. Createx

Createx Member

Ok, I just tried without the Call The Nile ruled, that worked just fine. Weird.
    EDIT: Yup, looks like Call The Nile is interacting weirdly with something. Was meeleing a single mob with it active and it crashed on me again.

Attached Files:

3. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Can you try it with the latest beta patch and see if it crashes?

Createx likes this.
  4. Createx

Createx Member

Yep, it does. However, after installing the beta, it crashes immediately without hanging! Progress!
    Running Nile rune, casting sandstormed crashed it, sandstorm without the rune, but with the other buffs from Call The Nile worked just fine.

Attached Files:

5. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

It's caused by an item drop from somebody with a bad name. I've fixed the crash for the next beta.

Kazeto and Createx like this.
  6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(and thanks for ringing that one in! I think this is one of the causes of the zoo mystery crash that has been plaguing people for awhile.)

Kazeto and Createx like this.
  7. Createx

Createx Member

Awesome, looking forward to the next build then :) Woe on you if you nerf Egyptian Magic in that beta though :p

8. Createx

Createx Member

Sad to say I had another crash here, I'm not sure if it's related since I was not running Call The Nile this time round.

Attached Files:

9. Nypyren

Nypyren Member

I have the same crash under similar circumstances (Using the four-glyph version of Sandstorm on a monster zoo). In my case, I believe the cause of the crash is too many queued messages in the message log (due to the insane amount of "Your spell does no damage!" messages that the sandstorm causes).

If I wait for the message log to calm down between each turn, I can consistently avoid crashing while slaughtering zoos.

I'm using all expansions but no other mods. I'll see if I can reproduce the crash and post a save later.