Windows Vista/7 64-bit Crash when exiting Pocket Dimension

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Alavaria, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

I decided to try killing Brax and seeing if I could deal with his Dread Collectors.

Well, after I killed him and emptied the shop, I walked out and the DCs spawned. With an inventory full of stuff, I went to my pocket dimension to drop it off. The save is in the PD, and when I try to leave the game just crashed.

I tried again, same result. There's two DMP files, I'll add the save when I find it

Attached Files:

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Are you on 1.1.2 or on the beta? Also we'll need your entire save folder, not just that little file.

3. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

1.1.2, It isn't a steam version.

After toying around, I managed to fix it ! Somehow going into a wizardland and completing it then let me exit the pocket dimension without a crash. Not sure why...

4. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

BTW, I've had the game crash on exiting the pocket dimension a few times too. Including, since you've mentioned save folders, at least one time where it also deleted the save folder in the process (and yes, I do have the SteamCloud turned off. I was however, running several mods at the time though, if that's relevant)

5. Alavaria

Alavaria Member

I've had it crash a lot of times since then, but unlike that first time, I could just restart DoD and try exiting again. I don't know if it has to do with all the stuff I store in the PDs.