Linux 64-bit [Crash] It Belongs in a Museum! sometimes crashes the game

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by unbridledExüberance, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Sometimes, using the It Belongs in a Museum! skill (the one that sells artifacts for XP) will cause the game to crash. Reloading from the last autosave and attempting to use the skill again on the same item will result in a crash again, but loading the last autosave, doing save and quit, then loading again and using the skill will work without a crash.

I also had this happen once with the transmutation (one gem to a random other gem) once, but I have not been able to reproduce this. The It Belongs in a Museum! crash however, I have had happen to 4 different items.

There does not seem to be anything in common between the items that caused the crash (one was in a wizardland, another was on a 1x1 island in a normal dungeon floor, one was an item that got turned into an artifact by Krong, and the 4th was a reward from a monster zoo)

2. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

If you can get a save that reproduces it and upload it, for example one of those autosaves, we'll get that fixed.

3. Next time it happens, I'll copy and upload the save.

4. Okay, it's happened 3 more times now. The first 2 didn't repeat when I reloaded the autosave, but the 3rd one- despite being a different item every time (it's a quest reward)- seems to be repeatable.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Load the Automatic Save file
    2. Head back north along the shore of the lava lake, then back down south on the opposite side (staying in the room)
    3. In the southeast corner of the room is an eye statue. Place the quest item on it and receive your reward
    4. Immediately cast It Belongs In a Museum! on the quest reward
    The game crashes at this point

Attached is my compressed Dredmor folder.

Attached Files: