Linux 32-bit Crash in tutorial

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by zorgul, Aug 25, 2012.

1. zorgul

zorgul Member

Hello there,
    I just downloaded your game from a Humble Bundle i bought way back and it saddens me to see a crash so early in game (I spent no longer than 5 minutes with it after encountering the crash)... Definitely doesn't make the game look good in my eyes.
    Anyway, to the point:
    Reproducible: always
    Steps to reproduce:
    1. In main menu select "Tutorial", then "Item use"
    2. Do the tutorial.
    3. Click "Next tutorial" button - game crashes with following log:

Code:
    user@gentoo /mnt/disk/games/dod 139 $ ./Dredmor-x86
    dungeons of dredmor: version 1.1.1
    argv[i]: ./Dredmor-x86
    SDL version 1.2.15
    AL_VENDOR: OpenAL Community
    AL_RENDERER: OpenAL Soft
    AL_VERSION: 1.1 ALSOFT 1.13
    AL_EXTENSIONS: AL_EXT_DOUBLE AL_EXT_EXPONENT_DISTANCE AL_EXT_FLOAT32 AL_EXT_IMA4 AL_EXT_LINEAR_DISTANCE AL_EXT_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_MULAW AL_EXT_MULAW_MCFORMATS AL_EXT_OFFSET AL_EXT_source_distance_model AL_LOKI_quadriphonic AL_SOFT_buffer_sub_data AL_SOFT_loop_points
    Could not load resource '' with filename ''
    attempting to damage object:
    Player takes 6 damage! Remaining HP: 25/31
    attempting to damage object:
    Player takes 2 damage! Remaining HP: 19/27
    deleting a splat
    deleting a splat
    Segmentation fault
    The 139 in my prompt is the game return exit code (from previous run) - may be helpful.

EDIT: Actually, clicking "Next Tutorial" button results in a crash in more tutorials, here is the list (don't know if these are reproducible or not):
    • Item Use
    • Equipment Maintenance
    • Potions
    • Magic
    Also, after finishing the last tutorial I clicked a random place in the tutorial choice menu (I think the gold star next to last scenario, I was curious what it was) - another segfault... I give up. Do you guys even test this game in Linux? Or does your Windows version crash multiple times at the very beginning of user experience too?

2. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

I have Windows XP and the tutorial works fine for me until I get to the one that is just before the last tutorial. It crashes when I finish and click to go to the next tutorial. It always happens, I tried it 3 to 5 times to be sure.

My friend has Windows 7 and the tutorials crash in a few different spots for him. I haven't talked in depth with him about it but he did say that this was happening to him.

3. rydash

rydash Member

Tutorials were just recently fixed in version 1.1.2 - notoriously, the Next Tutorial button (especially with the Potions and Magic tutorials) was causing a problem when trying to reset skills.

Not sure when HIB will update their build, though.

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

What rydash said, it was already fixed in the most recent version, they're working on getting it updated on HIB.

5. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Just tried the Magic tutorial which was the one that kept crashing on me and it didn't crash so that one is fixed for me. My friend doesn't have internet so he will have to wait until he can get access and download the patch and try his again. Thanks for the info.