Crash from stolen merchandise dialog when opening door

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by LordHavoc, Jul 15, 2011.

1. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Member

I have a savegame where I can steal about 7000 zorkmids of items from a shop and then open the door to leave and the game consistently crashes as soon as I see the stolen merchandise notice (which is happening on the same turn as I open the door).

I have archived the directory containing the savegame and am happy to provide this savegame to the developer to track down the crash if that is helpful.

P.S. a steam support forum should be created for this game, clicking Support in the Steam window leads to a search page because there isn't one yet.

This bug was were observed as of July 15, so probably outdated, but I have more below with steps to reproduce...

2. HumbleSloth

HumbleSloth Member

Good job archiving the save game so the developer can reproduce it. This one got me and my save was not archived so I lost all my progress. :(

3. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Member

I've got a few more bugs to report...

if you teleport out of a shop with stolen goods on level 1, you can flee to level 2 and then get charged for the full price of the goods in any shop in level 2, returning to level 1 after doing so does not call off the Dread Collectors (not sure if that is a bug or not), also the Dread Collectors are endless and seem to be a good experience grinding resource, got me from character level 5 to level 10, running downstairs to recuperate now and then... just be aware they hit hard, promethean magic + blood magic works best for this strategy, and it can be hard to find the best place to hide and slaughter them as they come, while being near stairs for escape.

zorkmids do not stack on a dungeon cell, you can end up with a ridiculous number of +5 zorkmids pickups on one cell for example, and the game had a Visual C++ runtime error this way when too many accumulated in the game at once, this tends to happen with the endless Dread Collectors.

flipping switches or blowing holes in the dungeon doesn't work properly on dungeon level 1 - I have to Save And Quit and then Load Game to get the navigation to work in the newly revealed areas, however it works fine on later levels.

4. LordHavoc

LordHavoc Member

Oh and another - one time I saved the game while nearly dead and taking acid damage, upon loading the game I get the "Congratulations! You have died." notice, and reloading the game again and again yields the same result every time, so despite playing without permadeath this was a decidedly permanent death, but I had archived the game before this so I was able to go back a bit...

Perhaps the game was not aware that I was dead and still let me play out the turn (and save the game)? Or perhaps it advanced a turn when loading the save (thus killing me)?

Most peculiar... I am a video game programmer if you wondered.