Crafty Craftworks

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Chiko, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Member

Interesting. I'll use that new option instead of using mediafire.

2. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Trust me, I know. I have a 6th kyu belt in Togakure-ryu Ninpo Taijutsu. But we have to play to cultural stereotypes so that they don't figure out where to start looking!

3. Inferno232

Inferno232 Member

Clearly ninjas wear bright yellow, that way they don't get hit by careless motorists at night.

4. Chiko

Chiko Member

I tried using the new mod feature and it loads the mod and everything but it only loads one item from the xml files, grapes. The rest is ignored for some reason.

Edit: Fixed. It was just the most silly mistake ever. I'll make this and the new skills separated mods and make them able to be used with the Mod feature. Or maybe I'll just put them together in a single mod, I dunno... it all depends in my future plans for these stuff.

5. Chiko

Chiko Member

Wow... I haven't been here in like... forever. I updated this little mod with new stuff. New changes in the main page. Oh, and there's a download link too.

As you noticed, I do not have much free time now. The homeland called so I am no longer in Canada. So I am just another Slave working in a sweatshop to make enough money to escape these lands again.

I'll try to keep updating this and my other thread. I only have one more question... Is it posible to replace an Item or a Skill yet? I don't really like the idea of modifying the game files in order to replace stuff... :confused:

6. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Welcome back. You don't need to replace anything anymore :p you can add skills, items, rooms, monsters, recipes etc to the game through modding.

7. Chiko

Chiko Member

Well... yeah, but there are core files I'd like modified instead of adding new ones. Like for instance a core skillset. Imma think about an idea to update my other thread now. I still have some more ideas for this one but I'll implement them later.

8. Daynab

Oh. Yeah, it's still necessary to replace the files at the moment.

9. Chiko

Chiko Member

Aww... Well, no matter.

Also, I'm working in the Item-to-Ingot feature for smelting. Actually, it's ready. I'm just adding new stuff before uploading an update.

10. Chiko

Chiko Member

Ok, lads. I added some new stuff into this mod. It's all in the main page with a new pic about one of the new features and stuff. Hope you like this new addition.

I'll work in some more items to add into the Items-to-Ingots and Clothier crafting features.

11. Daynab

Do you want me to edit this thread with a more... noticeable name? Give your mod a name and I'll include it in the index also

12. Chiko

Chiko Member

Well, I'm horrible with names... so how about Crafty Craftworks? If it sounds too bad then I accept name suggestions. xD

Also, if replacing core stuff without messing with the core files becomes possible someday, I'll probably merge this mod with the New Skills one I was making a while ago.

13. Daynab

That's fine :p doing it now.

14. Daynab

Done, added to the index and moving to the mod releases forum; did a quick check on what you add by the way, you may want to re-check the smithing recipes and compare with the list in the RC/1.0.10 because it integrates what was the megacraft mod which makes it possible to craft (as far as I know) every item currently in game. I'm not sure about the leather cuirass but definitely the other two.

15. Chiko

Chiko Member

I just checked. I'll try to update this in a moment. It's actually more than just the smithing recipes. :eek:

Edit: I downloaded the 1.0.10-RC8 patch and checked the crafting lists there. I fixed my mod according to that patch. Not sure if you were talking about that one since it still has some items not able to be crafted, like the Crude Iron Helm.

Oh, and update uploaded.

16. Chiko

Chiko Member

Last update now, at least till next weekend. Added a few new weapons and a couple of armor pieces. Some new decraftable items added to the lists.

There's a new pic added that shows some of the new stuff.

17. Great job man! ^^

18. Chiko

Chiko Member

Thanks!

Also, after playing with this mod for a while I realized it makes the game easier.

1- It helps keeping your inventory free of stuff you don't need by turning them into something else.
    2- Turning stuff into basic materials like ingots allows you to make good equipment really fast.
    3- Makes the Alchemy/Smithing/Tinkering skills a lot more useful to have.

So I have been thinking... and maybe I should add a requirement for it to work. Like the Item to be recycled plus another Item... like Bituminous Coal or a totally new Item.

Another idea. Since the Items-to-Ingots feature in this mod is basically recycling, I will make it possible to recycle all metallic items containing different materials but spawning a new alloy Ingot.

Behold! The Ferrous Ingot.​
    [​IMG]

-This is what you will get when recycling metallic items made of different materials.
    -If a metallic item is made of materials with no Iron or Steel content then the recipe will require an Iron Ingot.
    -Items made of this material will range from low lvl to med lvl items depending on skill lvl and number of Ingots.
    -Recycling items made of Ferrous will net you the same number of Ingots used to make them.

Just ideas, though. Doesn't necessarily mean I'll change the mod just now. :p

Here, an example picture of Ferrouscraft:
    [​IMG]

19. Chiko

Chiko Member

New update. I decided to introduce the idea posted above, not entirely, though. Now recycling is more balanced and reaching good equipment way too quick doesn't happen. More recipes added to the recycling and crafting lists as well as new items.

Essence likes this.
  20. AvzinElkein

AvzinElkein Member

Funny; CC isn't on Dredmorpedia.