Crafty Craftworks

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by Chiko, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Member

Hello, I started to play Dungeons of Dredmor recently and it's pretty fun. After a while playing the game I got curious and started to search the files. Turns out some of the things in the game are really easy to edit, so I started adding new craftings and items. Feeling like sharing them here now. ;)

New food:
    Some new raw food, some new craftable food for the Ingot Press. There are a couple of special food that can be crafted in the Alchemy Kit.

Distilling:
    Added some more booze to the distill list in order to get more Aqua Vitae.

Armor, Weapons and Traps:
    A few craftings added to the list, some of them are new items. New crafting materials introduced.
    Ferrous Ingot: Usable to make poor weaponry. It's main use is to be turned into other types of metals.
    Leather: This is the base material for most leather items in the game.
    Cloth: Base material for items like shirts, pants and other clothing.

Recycling:
    Ability to turn most items into a number of crafting materials, some of them the new materials introduced.
    Most metallic items can be turned into Ferrous Ingots. These ingots can then be used to make poor quality items or to use them in advanced melting and get ingots of other materials. The process will produce less ingots but you can get Ferrous out of many metallic items. The point is to avoid making recycling too overpowered. You can also get Leather and Cloth out of related items in order to use them to create other stuff.

About the download link:
    Besides adding the new stuff and craftings listed in here, it also has the files from my other mod, found in this link.

Some Images:

[​IMG].....[​IMG] . ..[​IMG] ....[​IMG] . ..[​IMG]

Attached Files:

cellzero, Wi§p, MrAltamente and 2 others like this.
  2. LonePaladin

LonePaladin Member

Love the grape description. +1 to you.

3. Chiko

Chiko Member

Lol, thanks. I think I'll add the item descriptions too in the main post. I got nothing for some of them so a bit of suggestions for them would be nice. I'll then upload a file with the strings, the sprites and a readme with instructions and stuff so ppl can add them to their files themselves. :3

4. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

Nice work.

5. Chiko

Chiko Member

Thanks! Also, question.

Is there a way to edit the BBQ containers found in the dungeons? I found nothing about it in the XML files.

6. jvarnes

jvarnes Member

Great ideas all around! When do you think you'll upload the files?

7. Chiko

Chiko Member

Hmm... Well, I'm currently expanding the Items-to-Ingots feature and rearranging all the crafting lists. I think I should finish that first and then I'll upload the files. Then I'll keep working in updates and stuff.

Also, I have been thinking about the Items-to-Ingots feature... so, it only work on items made of one material so far. Maybe it could partially work with items made from different materials too, but only recover Ingots of the most expensive material and the rest is lost in the process, maybe?

8. Chiko

Chiko Member

Gah! I really should do one thing at a time... Also remaking the smithing list and changing some of the sprites now:

[​IMG]

9. Chiko

Chiko Member

Hmm... I think I'll probably take a while to do this since my job doesn't leave me much free time. I'll just upload a file with the few new items and craftings I made and post the link later today.

I also made an item which only purpose so far is to be sold to the Salesdemons for a nice profit. This is the item:

Scroll of Cure Blindness: These scrolls were a cruel joke for adventurers fool enough to buy them. The spell in them do work but you would need to read the words in them, and you can't read while blind, right? Modern scholars now create scrolls with this spell written in the language of the blind, known as Braille.

Wi§p likes this.
  10. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

That's pretty good, haha. Sort of like Scroll of Random Uselessness in Crawl

11. Inferno232

Inferno232 Member

That's not pie, that's cake! I'm onto your cruel games, sir!

Seriously, though, this seems like the basis of a pretty good mod. I pity you, though, as your item descriptions must match the wit of the original game. Good job with it so far, though. Potato description made me grin a bit, though it sounds like a reference I can't for the life of me get. :p

12. kuhchung

kuhchung Member

I'd use this if I didn't already carry around way too much.

13. Chiko

Chiko Member

Indeed. the item description part is like the most difficult thing with these new items. And I'm getting most of them from different sources using google and stuff. The only one I can completely take credit for is the item description for Scroll of Cure Blindness. How silly of me to think of using one of those in ADOM... :rolleyes:

Also, new craftable.

Tomato + Tomato + Tomato + Maize = Tomato Soup

Tomato Soup: A big bowl of warm ketchup with corn kernels. Yum!

14. Chiko

Chiko Member

I got more Items added to this little mod I'm making:

Iron Ingot = Iron Caltrops
    Iron Caltrops: Being followed by a mob of monsters and can't lose them? Just drop these little spikes and problem solved! Unless your pursuers fly, that is.

Empty Flask + Black Powder + Aqua Vitae = Incendiary Flask
    Incendiary Flask: This is a clever device indeed. A double layered flask contains the incendiary liquid inside and the chemical explosive in the gap between the inner and outer walls. When the flask breaks, the burning fun starts. Gotta love alchemists!

Empty Flask + Flour + Flour = Blinding Flask
    Blinding Flask: Aim for the eyes! But seriously, there's nothing worse than getting flour in the eyes. Those poor, watery eyes will turn that powder into a sticky mess instead of washing it out. Oh, and the broken glass from the flask... nasty business.

15. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Can you re-upload the file? Or use the forum's on-board uploader instead of Mediafire? Because the link in the OP is invalid now, and I really want to play with this mod. :)

16. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

Caltrops are actually going in the expansion - although, I think they're in the Core part of it. YMMV. But it's been on a list for a long, long time.

Also, I think I decided they need custom code to work correctly.

17. Essence

Really? You can't use the Mine code with a Root effect attached?

18. Chiko

Chiko Member

Sure. I'll upload the file with the new changes. Also, I have no idea how to use that on-board uploader stuff ye mention. :p
    Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?qcbhpwe70ebye0r

I have been playing the new Assassin's Creed game and the Caltrops there are pretty useful. Suddenly, I was all like IMMA ADD CALTROPS TO DOD! AWWW YEAWW. Then I noticed Caltrops in the files when I was adding the strings and stuff. There's even an image for them somewhere.

19. Essence

Look down and to the right. Between "Post a Reply" and "More Options..."

I know, it took me a long time to notice that button, too. :p

Attached Files:

20. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

Ninjas don't wear black.