Crafting/Alchemy Questions

Discussion in 'Dungeons of Dredmor General' started by benexclaimed, Sep 17, 2013.

1. benexclaimed

benexclaimed Member

A few questions about crafting:

1) Do I keep the recipes I find across various playthroughs? If I find a recipe, die, and play again, will it still be in my recipe book? Do Secret Recipes work differently?
    2) Can I break down weapons into their base parts? I've been screwed a few times because I used a weapon on an anvil and then later couldn't use that item in a recipe anymore because its name and stats had changed.
    3) Does crafting in and of itself earn me experience?

2. LionsDen

LionsDen Member

Answers:

1) No, every game you must find the new recipes. EDIT: You keep no recipes between games. EDIT: I forgot to qualify that with the basic recipes that everyone starts with.
    2) There are some mods that allow partial breakdowns but usually you lose something. In the basic game there are no weapon breakdowns.
    3) No, but if you have the archeology skill you can craft an artifact and then send it to the museum for experience.

Kazeto and Pyrotanis like this.
  3. benexclaimed

benexclaimed Member

Thanks! I think the basic recipes were confusing me. Whenever I saw recipes in my book upon starting I assumed they must've been from a previous playthrough.

4. Pyrotanis

Pyrotanis Member

Each crafting tool starts you with base recipes, regardless of whether you have the required stat for them. You can go Dredmorpedia and see all the secret recipes (excluding encrusting) as indicated by an X.

Kazeto likes this.