Crafters Chest. To store your crafter goods

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by acqsen, Nov 21, 2013.

?

Crafters chest is

Poll closed Dec 22, 2013.
  1. Awesome - i want it!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Bad. Dont care. No need.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. acqsen

acqsen Member

i would be very happy to see a small addition to the game.
    Instead of storing crafting materials in your pocket dimension, (fearfull it might get filled up crashing your game)
    put your crafting materials into a portable chest. Similar to your lutefisk cube.
    Once an item is in, it is gone and cant get out. But you may use it for crafting.
    You put 1 in, you may use it 1 time, Put another one, you can use it 2 times and so on.
    No more hoarding, placing, searching. Easy and convinient.

please tell me what you think.

2. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

Many ideas like this have been suggested in the past, and it's a great idea, but I very much doubt it will ever be added.
    I'm pretty sure this would need a total overhaul of the crafting system, which takes time the devs don't have

3. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

While I don't think that this is a bad idea, I don't think that it's quite as helpful as other requested changes to the crafting system that would likely be easier and have fewer oddities to it (oddities such as the fact that crafting materials too often serve more than one purpose, making a separate crafting container less useful than you might guess). For example, the Aluminum Tube, Wooden Sword, the Gnarled Club, etc. are all weapons that are also crafting materials. Heck, technically, a fine steel mace is also a crafting material. So is a healing potion. In effect, this could, in many cases actually make crafting more complicated, not simpler.

I recommend the following instead:
    1. Better/alternate sorting of recipes
    2. Additional recipe filters
    3. Recipe searches
    4. Option to include worn/wielded items when checking for craftable recipes.
    5. Option to include items that you are standing on as available for crafting.
    6. Option to include items in your pocket dimension as available crafting mats when in that dimension.
    7. Option to display recipes as craftable when missing ingredients are actually craftable.