Could Use Some Advice

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by littlelamb, Dec 16, 2016.

1. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

Yes I can delete and replace the door but they will still will not build them. It seem to happen most on the Kitchen, Public House and Foreign Office. They have no problem doing the doors on housing.

2. Jonta

Jonta Member

Havent seen that before, so can't help.
    If they build it on the simple houses but not on the kitchen it is very strange, it is the same door.

3. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

If something goes wrong, I will tear down the entire building and rebuild.

4. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

It was my own fault. The door are not getting done because there are not enough planks to erect the buildings. The reason for this is I am making the buildings too large

Thank you so much everyone for the help. No doubt I will have more questions

5. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

I have noticed the deer and the bullocks are not appearing in my game any more. Do they just show at random or can they be hunted to extinction.

Is there a limit to how many Overseer, to a game

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  6. Jonta

Jonta Member

Regarding the animals, I am not sure, but my feeling is that they will appear again at some point.

Yes there is a limit to both Overseer and max POP.
    Overseer about 40
    Total about 150
    But it is not an issue if you upgrade everything correctly it is more than enough.

7. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

Do you have a naturalist with a worker set to hunting? In my current game I am very late in the game, and I do well with catching game.

8. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

You folk have been wonderful

Can you please tell me who you bury besides the citizens. I have been burying the Bandits and it seems to help with relations.
    Fish people I dump, but what about the enemy soldiers.

9. Jonta

Jonta Member

I don't think it changes your foreign relations if you bury enemy soldiers or not, it is a moral issue. :)

10. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

if I went to mine level 3, 4, or 5 will I still get clay and sand or is that only available the higher levels

Thank you all for your help. I am now enjoying the game and not getting wiped out.

11. Naffarin

Naffarin Bureaucrat-Inspector Exemplar of The Empire

Sand and clay are only available on the level 1 and 2

12. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

I built a Foreign Office with four standing desks. Was not happy with the placement of one of then so asked for it to be dismantled Now before it was dismantled, I placed a fifth one and when it was build i noted that there were five people working in the office. I now have five desks where i want then and still have five workers.

Which brings me to the question, how many people will work in a building. Do the overseers work there as well as the fore citizens assigned to them?

13. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

Yes, they work there as well. I usually have only the Overseer and one worker unless I am in a desperate situation with a foreign country that might invade. Or I need to get better relations with the empire to get immigrants. I find it helpful to first become friendly with the hostile countries, the get the Empire to 100 standing, then get each of the other countries to 100 standing, leaving Stalmark for last. You learn something from each country when you reach 100. I leave Stalmark for last because you can request "Excess Ores" from them over and over without hurting your standing with them. It is easier earlier on in the game to get a lot of ore quickly that way.

14. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

At the laboratory I noticed that some projects need 40 points but only 20 are allowed. How do i get to the forty points needed to get things like the wheat

Also can you please explain how to place landmines. Will they kill the large black Squid creature. iIs there any way to stop that creature from coming alive

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  15. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

Your Colonist who is assigned as overseer will have a 1 through 5 ranking for their science skill. If they are a scientist to begin with, they will start out with a 2/5. The first number indicates how many points they can accumulate. As their science skill increases, they will be able to accumulate more points. Their science skill will increase as they work in the lab. If your scientists keep getting killed and you have to start over with someone with low science skill, you can build the Academy. Set the academy to teach science and assign the colonist whose science skill you want to increase to it as the overseer and their skill will increase.

You place the landmines from the zones and construction menu. If you have them in your inventory a colonist will then build it. I do not know if it will kill the Eldritch Entities. Try to avoid them in the first place by lowering the despair of your colonists. Build a church, assign an overseer and keep it stocked with iron cogs. Build a public house, and if you can keep it stocked with booze. Build the houses to their specifications. When you click on the houses you will see an "Amenities" list, with "To-Do" and "Done". Try to get everything "Done". Also, it is important to decorate their work places. I try to get them at a +7 or better. Also keep your provisions high enough that the number appears in green. That should eliminate the despair problem and eliminate the colonist from summoning up the Eldritch entities.

16. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

More Questions
    Is there anyway to cancel out the landmine after it is placed - either before or after it is built?
    What stand is best to take with the fish people - kill or leave alone?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  17. Regina Absher

Regina Absher Member

I have never tried to cancel a landmine, so I don't know, but you can usually use the "deconstruct module" command on most things.

I have always left the fish people alone. Generally I have had no problems with them as long as I "let them look for their idol" when they come. They are also good for attacking and running off foreigners who have overstayed their welcome.

18. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

Thanks for you help Regina. Is it necessary to put the 2 table and chair sets in the Overseer's house since they add no plus points.

One thing this game desperately need as terrain editor. The amount of land that needs to be flattened on each map is crazy.

19. Jonta

Jonta Member

"Is it necessary to put" the 2 table and chair sets and two glass windows

will give you another pop slot

20. littlelamb

littlelamb Member

Thank you for you help Jonta. I would have misses out on the pop slot with out that advice