[Core]Expanded Pocket Dimention

Discussion in 'Mod Releases' started by DungeonDragon, Sep 22, 2012.

1. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

This was started as a side project of Elvish Reality Reborn, but I think people would like to have a pocket dimention separately with normal difficulties.

I've redecorated and expanded a Pocket Dimention for better and cooler storing.

Lava Chamber is for smithing/crafting storing
    Water Chamber is for alchemy/magic storing
    Ice Chamber is a showroom with Armor and Weapon Racks
    Acid Chamber is a museum of WEIRDNESS :)

Demonstration
    A short video demonstrating an empty PD and PD in action(storing action) :)

New(v1.2) Features

Installation
    Put archive into the Dungeon of Dredmor folder and extract with overwriting.
    To uninstall use the backup(magicBoxRooms.xml.back) that comes with the mod and rename it to magicBoxRooms.xml

Log
    v.1.1
    Redecorated from rusty and broken equipment to their fancier counterparts. Changed cooking room into showroom
    v 1.1.1
    Just a small fix of the Acid chamber, so it would look a bit fancier. Since I didn't move or add any new objects it's totally compatible with v1.1, you can safely overwrite it with this one.(For changes to take effect just change room decoration)
    v. 1.2
    Replaced still pngs with some animations. Furnace is now burning, pentagram candles are flickering. Acid Room is now a place filled with weird stuff :)

Attached Files:

2. Rawk Hawk

Rawk Hawk Member

Was wondering when someone was going to make a fancy Pocket Dimension.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  3. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Me too, then I got tired of waiting and made myself one :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

There still are those statues you can shape the form into another thing?
    Also, I don't think there can be an arena in the pocket dimension, since no skill can be casted, there could be troubles for mages.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Yep they are, I think I'll redo the video to show them off. Actually there are now 8 statues.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Behold :) I've apploaded a new video that shows everything in this room including statues.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Amazing job man. I had increased the space of my own dimension, but that's far beyond what I did.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

A tiny update for the Acid chamber. most notably you now can acces both customizable statues that are there

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Version v1.2 Released
    Ok I've given up an idea about making Acid Chamber an arena so I turned it into a room of unnatural fenomena, just for amuzement.

Added animations instead of still pngs for some objects. Added a lovely pet so people won't feel lonely in this big Pocket Dimention :)

See video v1.2 for details :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. pi4t

pi4t Member

Incidentally, I noticed a minor typo (in 1.1). Apparently one of the shelves contains some of the very rare and mythical 'aclhemy books'!

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  11. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Thanks I'll correct it. Heh, even didn't get where the typo is until reading your post several times :)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Aclhemy is an old and lost art. It's the twin brother of Alchemy. Instead of transforming things into something else more valuable, it takes your neat things and laugh at you while breaking them :D

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Shadowbag

Shadowbag Member

Adding to the typo brigade, I had no idea that Digle Hell was a real place.

Also, this mod seems to make Dredmor rather rickety on my computer. Not sure if it's a coincidence, or if it's playing merry hell with one of my other mods. Does anyone else seem to have problems with Dredmor not loading the actual game portion right with this Pocket Dimension?

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  14. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Can you describe in details what's wrong?

I'm thinking about making a light version of EPD - Acid Chamber without animations just in case.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  15. Shadowbag

Shadowbag Member

Forgive me if I use the wrong terminology, I'm only computer literate enough to know how to work it and maybe install a new OS as needed. I think I managed to fix my own problem, though.

As to what was happening, after I put your mod in my game folder and started Dredmor, it would load the title screen, but immediately crash when I tried to start a new game(I didn't have any saves at the time, so I couldn't have tried using one of those). After uninstalling and reinstalling Dredmor and the various mods, it would let me get so far as to create and name my character, but wouldn't load the actual dungeon. But now it seems to be working fine.

I think the problem was that there was a conflict in the magicbox.xml file you have in your mod, and the magicbox.dat file that hides in my documents folder Dredmor file. Why steam insists on putting two different folders in two different locations for a single game is beyond me. Regardless, deleting the magicbox.dat and starting the game up seems to have fixed everything.

Well, everything but my desire to know what Digle Hell is.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. DungeonDragon

DungeonDragon Member

Maybe Steam is checking for files integrity. So you need to switch off such things as Steam Cloud, or launch game from Dredmor.exe so DoD will run without Steam

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  17. Rakankrad

Rakankrad Member

Aye. For some reason, stuff was working fine for me earlier but yesterday, I kept getting errors about magicbox when launched from steam (I just wanted an achievement completion) but it was fine from the .exe .. I dunno what might be the actual cause to that.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  18. Ouroboros

Ouroboros Member

I (macOS) find the file magicBoxRooms.xml in both ./game or ./expansion3/game - which should be replaced?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  19. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Since the pocket dimension is available in the base game without any expansions, I would say the ./game is the correct location. But I suggest backing up the original file first.

20. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I think you should override both files instead. But
    It's gold, as always.

OmniaNigrum likes this.