ConsumeItem types

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

OK, so I want to mod in a class that consumes items to cast spells. From what I can tell, some things are clearly labeled as particular item types in the XML by just giving them empty brackets (i.e. mushrooms all have <mushroom/> in them.)

Question is, can I create new arbitrary item categories by just adding empty tags in like that? For example, if I want a spell that consumes any given crossbow bolt and casts attack spell for having done so, can I add a <bolt/> tag to all crossbow bolts?

For that matter, is it even possible to have a "type=item" spell trigger an attack spell?

Thanks!
    :)

2. Null

Null Will Mod for Digglebucks

1. I'd seriously doubt that you can add types like that, the tags actually mean something and it wouldn't create new meanings to tags that don't exist. Those tags such as <mushroom/> are for things such as the mushroom randomization spell so it knows to pick from those.
    2. Well you can probably make a pbaoe spell of some sort, but you can't target a space anywhere in the same spell.

3. Chiko

Chiko Member

Hmm... I was going to post a request to be able to script something like this. Actually, I would like skills to be able to use a specific item instead. Then my new fleshsmithing skills would work as intended! [​IMG]

Something like:
    Code:
    consumeItemName="Cube of Flesh" amount="3"