Conditionals in spells

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Darzaire, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Darzaire

Darzaire Member

I'm working on a skill tree that revolves around cycling between two stances. As the player gets further down the line, they gain another buff on activation of a stance. Eventually the bonuses of the stances change. And at the end of the tree, the duration of the buffs change as well. In case more information is needed, I'll paste in names and descriptions of the skills in a drop-down.

It's a skill-line themed around the pokémon Aegislash, for those familiar with that. The numbers are, of course, subject to change after some playtesting, but the important part is that I have some to use for a groundwork example. Let me know if it isn't understood what a skill, spell, or buff does.

Royal Sword
    Stance Change
    - Spell: Blade Forme (5 turn CD)
    - Block: -10
    - Magic Resistance: -10
    - Melee Power: +10
    - Spell: Shield Forme (5 turn CD)
    - Block: +10
    - Magic Resistance: +10
    - Melee Power: -10
    King's Shield
    - Buff: King's Shield: Activated on Shield Forme (5 turns, stackable to 5)
    - Block: +2
    - Enemies who strike the player lose -10 Melee Power
    Affinity
    - Stance buffs are increased by 10 (Block, Resist, Melee Power)
    Swords Dance
    - Buff: Swords Dance: Activated on Blade Forme (5 turns, stackable to 5)
    - Parry: +2
    - Slashing Damage: +2
    - Piercing Damage: +2
    Stance Dance
    - Extends duration of King's Shield and Swords Dance to 10 turns

The issue is, mainly, that I don't know how to do conditional spells or buffs. I've searched around but I haven't been able to find anything relevant. Does anyone know how to make a spell or buff act differently based on acquired skills? I don't want to have differing spells that get dished out and end up flooding the spellbar, but it looks like that's my only option. Hopefully someone with more experience than me knows.

2. Ruigi

Ruigi Will Mod for Digglebucks

search for the flag requirebuffontrigger and requirebuffnotontrigger in various spelldbs of the core game file and expansions.

Kazeto likes this.
  3. mining

mining Member