Concerned About Graves

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Trifler, Jul 24, 2015.

1. It'd be cool if after a certain amount of time you could turn a full graveyard into a farm. Bodies make great fertilizer, after all.

2. EleSigma

EleSigma Member

Why not have buildable crypts? Basically it would be a small structure with an implied underground, like the mine building. For lower and middle classes you would have typical brick, wood, and mortar crypts that could hold a certain amount of dead. The aristocracy would instead get an elaborate stone/marble/(whatever fancy materials are around) mausoleum that would hold only the owner, their families and their worldly possessions.

I think it would be something useful for a larger colony, also you could then implement grave robbers and all the fun that could come of that.

3. BillyBabel

BillyBabel Member

I know I'm late to this conversation, but I shall throw my two cents in.

First to make this work would require something else I've always thought would be cool, is entire workshop teams becoming enemies with other workshop teams based on some sort of dispute between the two workshops which would make the members of that workshop go out of their way to not interact with things made by or services rendered by that workshop. For instance like a kitchen and brewery fighting over sparse amounts of grain and getting cross with each other and the brewery begins to fast or only eating raw food, and the kitchen practices tea totaling.

With that out of the way, I think that perhaps a good idea would be to make it so that barbers can practice on corpses to increase their medicine skill, naturalists can dissect corpses to increase their science, and kitchens and butcher corpses for food, but all workshops that did this would slowly become enemies to the church workshop. So Vicars would fast for as long as they could and encourage worshipers to do the same if the kitchens cooked humans, and the vicar would shoo away anyone from the kitchen workshop that comes in to pray. Or perhaps the vicar would work his congregation up to break some of the naturalist's equipment for dissecting the holy cog's perfect beings, or vicars would tell their congregation that the great cog will heal their wounds and not to go to the barber.

So if you really want a permanent way to get rid of bodies, you can but it is at the cost of animosity in your fragile little village.