Comics Tycoon

Discussion in 'Discussions' started by Nicholas, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1607335312/comictycoon-create-fantastic-comics-on-your-phone

Not sure if this is of interest to anybody here, but my former supervisor for my Master's Degree is running a Kickstarter for a new iPhone/iPad application. The basic idea is that you can take photos and convert them into comics. The inking technology and coloring stuff is *very* cool, and a better solution than anything that anybody else is doing right now in this space. Go show him some love?

2. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

Let's hope Greg Land doesn't get this! I mean I know he's bad enough now, but with this? Eek.

3. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

But can it do this?

[​IMG]

Exile and mining like this.
  4. mining

mining Member

goddamnit

5. Haldurson

Haldurson Member

That's not how Cap is being depicted nowadays is it??? I'm sorry, I'm not sure whether you meant that to be good or bad, but it looks horrible to me. Granted, I haven't read any marvel comic books in about 28(?) years or so, but when I did, I always thought of Captain America as having more of the build of a limber Bruce Lee, than of a muscle-bound weight lifter on steroids.

6. mining

mining Member

He's actually a door in disguise.

7. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Member

No. That's an old image, but Rob Liefeld is still a fairly frequently used artist. He can be okay at times, but he is by far one of the poorest artists who's had work with the Big Two in recent years. But at least he draws his stuff, Greg Land just traces.

jadkni likes this.