Come Bitch About Skills! [Skills Rebalance Brainstorming]

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Essence, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Turbo164

Turbo164 Member

@spellmine in Leylines: While it makes for some interesting decisions, it does seem a little out of place for the "regen whether you are fighting or not, and teleport, and has boots that don't actually give you movement but kind of imply it" tree to want you to stand still for so long. I'd be more inclined to see something like:

"The Other Side - +2:mana_regen:+5:magic_resist:+5:dodge:, 1:buff_brittle: Step on through! Getting struck while between dimensions will bring you back to the harsh realities of...reality."

With whatever mana cost or cooldown would be appropriate. That would be something that encourages the player to use their teleport (and boots...) to avoid getting hit and losing the buff. This would also help differentiate the trees better:

Magic Training: Your spells are cheaper and stronger!
    Leylines: Move around!
    Blood Magic: Kill stuff!

OmniaNigrum, Psylence and Vitellozzo like this.
  2. Shwqa

Shwqa Member

I wanted to see some changes on tourist. I know it isn't meant to be powerful, but it is kinda boring right now.. Here are my suggestions

• Level 1 gain a relax active ability. Puts your hero to sleep and gives -20:sight:(mostly for flavor) for 20 turns but in exchange gains 20 :life::mana:. Has a chance to give the debuff "sunburn" which gives -:dmg_conflagratory::dodge::counter:.
    • Level 3 becomes a 125% bonus gold
    • Level 4 Change the chances of the ability and more effects. 30% chance of ally from floor, 20% chance of ally from 2 floors below, 10% of a fake dreadmor with 1 of each stat (hostile), 10% of fake dreadmor (friendly), 10% of a random mini boss, 15% of random floor hostile, 5% random hostile for 3 floors down.
    • Level 5 more random silly buffs and debuffs

OmniaNigrum and Vitellozzo like this.
  3. Kazuhiro

Kazuhiro Member

Random bitching.

Vampire is a huge HUGE liability.
    Vampire becomes awesome if you use it for really powerful synergies.
    This wild binary nature probably should not be. It would be nice to be able to make Vampires in many different archetypes.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  4. Urthdigger

Urthdigger Member

1% chance of real Dreadmor (Hostile)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  5. lujo86

lujo86 Member

Was any complaining about bankster done at any point?

I can't seem to bring myself to level it every time I pick it up to explore it. I don't even know what it's like beyond "dump toxic assets early level assistance" phase. It seems rather weak, though. :(

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  6. Nacho

Nacho Member

Never tried it myself, but it looks really strong. Even at level 15, charming a monster for 50 turns with Hire Contractor costs only 3000 zorkmids, and Fiscal Hedge looks as if it could easily make you invincible right up to Dreadmore. You might need Egyptian Magic, and maybe the soon to be buffed Tourist to get enough money to pull that kind of thing off. As an added bonus though, there's no need to take crafting or burglary, since you can buy everything you need.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  7. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Unfortunately, Shwqa, there's currently no way to summon random monsters from any level except the one you're currently on.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  8. jyk913

jyk913 Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but i feel skepticism is way too easy to exploit in lower dungeon floors. Nothing says broken like the ability to pull a lever in a lvl 1 wizardland and turn 2 dopplegangers into high lvl items or jump into a blue portal and end up with a fully equipped lvl 2 char with enough spare items to sell off and buy out every brax shop for the next 2 floors

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  9. Loren

Loren Member

I'm going to bitch about solar inscription (SI) in here. If I manage to get a few monsters to die on an SI, the game winds up lagging to heck because the Ignition bolt keeps trying to go off and "Resisted" pops up incessantly. Is there a way to get it to not fire on corpses?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  10. Essence

done.

( <effect type="trigger" spell="Ignition Bolt" amount="1" affectsCorpses="0" />)

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  11. Loren

Loren Member

Right, I feel dumb now. Thanks for the fix.

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  12. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

Ok, so monster buffs/debuffs maximum reach isn't something we can have in small time.
    Give the Symbiontic Toadstool some turns, so you can cast more on pets without making them god on earth?
    Or make the Symbiontic Toadstool read if there is another Symbiontic Toadstool and then it deletes it (with some workaround)?
    Because yeah, we need more pet-friendly buffs.
    Pets have hearts, too (well, quite few of them really have it after all).

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  13. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

Curious smiling face thing is curious; is there a post somewhere where I can find all the fixes, or? Just asking seeing how I'm not exactly keen on looking through every single post, ever. :p

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  14. Essence

Between the Looking for Alpha Testers OP and the Bitching About Skills thread, it's all there. I'll start a new thread for all of the ECSRII stuff in the next few days if you're patient. :)

Vitellozzo and OmniaNigrum like this.
  15. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

I've got plenty of time, was merely curious that's all. Besides I've got my Space Wizard mod that I'm fiddling around with so it's not like I'm going to be horribly bored while waiting... although it would be nice with some feedback in my brainstorming thread but then again it's a very :wand_burn: bassed mod and I'm bitching in the :wand_burn: revamp thread, which may very well be the same as shooting myself in the foot. :D

Do you know which ones of your updates the Gaslamp guys are going to accept and what skills will get an official overhaul?

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  16. Essence

I don't expect them to 'accept' anything from the ECSRII. They have the weapon skills in hand already, and I expect them to make minimal-to-moderate changes to them before they get mixed in to 1.14.

17. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

Accept may not have been the best choice of word, language barrier and all. Wasn't really expecting them to go "lol essence send ud soom kodes, let's add them 2 teh game witout looking at dem :DDDD", they are (somewhat) competent people after all - I refuse to refer to a bunch of madmen as being competent, brilliant maybe, but not competent. :D

Might aswell go hunt for the 1.14 patch notes then, if they exist yet, and the planned release date.

Also: First, the weapon skills, then, ZE WÜRLD!

Kazeto and OmniaNigrum like this.
  18. Essence

Well, I regard it as a miracle that they liked the first ESCR enough to use most-ish of it; that's why I don't really expect them to do the same thing again. :)

19. Vitellozzo

Vitellozzo Member

I dubt any of this exist yet ^^' the 1.13 is still in beta, so...

OmniaNigrum likes this.
  20. Shreeper

Shreeper Member

Thought so but, alas, one can only dream.
    - On a not at all related note; is there an online database with all ingame dredmor icons somewhere?