Colonists hate pipes?

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by TattooOfHerName, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere, I searched but didn't find anything.

For some reason, I can't make pipes at my metalworks. Iron, copper, doesn't matter, can't make 'em. This is kind of getting in the way of my plans to build a brewery empire. Can't seem to make anything else other than plain ingots, but the pipes are what I actually need.

Am I doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure I have all the materials, but no matter how many I set the game to produce or how many metalworks I build, no pipes. My colonists just arbitrarily hate pipes.

Also, while I'm moaning, how do I get my chapel working? I build it, I assign a work crew to it, and whether it's a full crew or an empty one, I get a million 'needing confession' messages. They all seem to cram in there every now and then and there's nothing I can do. Same with the barber, actually. He's just never there...

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

Re. pipes : Thanks for the report, logged as OC-4198 for us to look into.

Chapel: Yes, assigning a workcrew should be sufficient. It turns out I made the altert timer waaaaaay too short on that, so it'll be much longer in 45A to stop the spam. This is already done for the dev build.

One thing to notice with the chapel/barber/etc is that the work shifts are automatically set so that their workcrews work all night but have the morning off so that they'll be available for services when other workcrews are free. Could that be related to what you're seeing?

Thanks for the reports!

3. Wow, that was quick!

I'll have a look at the work shifts for the chapel and barber and make sure I haven't tinkered with them by accident, that could well be it. I'll build a second chapel too, see if that takes the pressure off a bit.

4. MOOMANiBE

MOOMANiBE Ah, those were the days. Staff Member

Pipes/Plates require a Smithing Forge, which is... not communicated very well at the moment, and I suspect the source of your issue. One of my tasks for the next build is to propogate the "grey out icons if you don't have the module for it yet" system to all buildings. So that should make this a bit clearer!

Tikigod, STGGrant and berkstin like this.
  5. Ah! I have no smithing forge, that explains a lot. Thank you!

6. Rentahamster

Rentahamster Member

If too many orders for the barber or chapel are queued up at once, the chapel and barber breaks and they don't do anything. To prevent this, you need to build them early, when you're at less than 30 population, so that you don't get too many job orders coming in, and so that you can deal with them, slowly.

Once you hit 50-60 pop, I would advise you to build another chapel, to have another vicar who can take care of the confessions, since so many seem to pile up.