Coffee Mod Idea

Discussion in 'Modding' started by ConnivingTentacles, Jun 19, 2012.

1. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Member

Not a bad idea.

I'm brainstorming what to do for the capstone spell, Javageddon: I want it to be some kind of attack spell, or a massive debuff, but I'm stumped as to what might balance well. The coffee drinks all increase :caddishness:Caddishness, :savvy:Savvy, :counter:Counter, and :life_regen:Health Regen. What would go along with those stats being increased?

2. Kaidelong

Kaidelong Member

Not that it would go along but...

Acidic and conflagatory damage AoE?

3. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Member

Acid and fire, maybe toxic as well (all that caffeine needs to go somewhere, after all). I can scale it with the player's Alchemy level, so that Alchemist Coffeemancers can potentially do massive damage with this one. It'd certainly provide a crowd control option for melee-oriented guys, who don't always have access to good AoE spells. Good call.

4. Actually even without the Dethklok reference (although lets be honest you should probably stick that in :p) you could have the attack spray coffee on everyone doing conflagratory--for scalding--and acidic--it's very STRONG coffee--damage over time and possibly a debuff relating to scalding acid coffee all over you.

5. Aegho

Aegho Member

FaustoMartense likes this.
  6. MasterShizzle

MasterShizzle Member

Baristacrat revolves around coffee shops and their associated cultures, not so much around the pure pursuit of caffeine in all its shapes and forms. Everything that I'm doing (artwork, coding, design, etc.) is my own creation: nothing is being stolen from or even inspired by the Baristacrat mod.

Is this going to be an issue? There's room on the boards for more than one coffee mod, after all.