Clockwork Empires six questions from knight133

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by knight133, Sep 21, 2012.

1. knight133

knight133 Member

question 1: will there be any war-like skirmishes with other colonies?
    question 2: will there be in-game map editors?
    question 3: what type of weapons will outfit the soldiers like muskets, sabers and, revolvers?
    question 4: will there be different types of walkable fortifications like walls, trenches and, towers?
    question 5: will there be artillery like 19th century cannons?
    And
    question 6: can the map editor have script based invasions like stronghold 3 had?

2. Triskelli

Triskelli Member

1.) From what I've seen, It sounds like there will be invading armies.
    2.) Don't know.
    3.) Not sure.
    4.) 50/50
    5.) Most definitely
    6.) Since the maps themselves are randomly generated, then it would be hard to create special scripts for them.

3. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

1. We are (ahem) shooting for being able to do stuff like this but it's not the game's primary focus.

2. Weirdly, this hasn't really come up because we intend for the maps to be procedurally generated. We honestly have not put much effort toward a map/scenario editor for this reason. Theoretically it could be useful, though, and we'll doubtless have at least crude tools that can probably do what you want because we'll need them for debugging and making tutorials.

3. Yes to muskets, sabers, and revolvers. Also grenades for the Grenadiers. The Steam Knights get some bigger guns. There will be cannon turrets on fortifications and ships.

4. We have planned for walls and towers. You can probably make trenches by simply digging a long pit.

5. Something like that, sure.

6. I haven't played Stronghold 3, but I'm sure we can set up the type of scenario you're looking for.

Turbo164 likes this.