Clockwork Empires Mini-FAQ

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Daynab, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daynab

Daynab Community Moderator Staff Member

From http://www.gaslampgames.com/2012/08...r-interview-minor-faq-other-such-foolishness/

I will update answers if they change or we get more FAQs.

2. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Please move this post to the obvious place if you want no such clutter here. But it fits so well I had to post here first.

The Lovecraft.jpg

Asan, adelmagne, Frandarre and 6 others like this.
  3. HenrySpock

HenrySpock Member

How is it that a forum for a modern roguelike game has so many Lovecraft fans?

It's like I wandered into my own head, and there is a kaleidoscope of my personalities, and they're all here, and I can talk to them.

Or maybe I've just been reading too much Sutter Cane.

OmniNegro likes this.
  4. Frandarre

Frandarre Member

This is good. Maybe it should be stickied?

5. Daynab

Forgot to do that, thanks.

Frandarre likes this.
  6. Essence

Essence Will Mod for Digglebucks

Crap.

I have to start saving now if I'm going to buy a computer that will run this by the time it comes out. On the plus side, my wife, who loves city-builders, has the strangest boner right now.

OmniNegro likes this.
  7. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

That sounds just awful. Perhaps I need to look up that word as see what you mean. :)

8. I thought that was obvious. What kind of people do you think a game that advertises "dying" as "FUN" was going to attract in terms of player base?

Also, anyone who's actually done a lovecraft themed RP with a good DM (hard to find those, these days) are the people who value the "experience" more than minor things like, say, "beating the game", "surviving until the end", "not dying to mooks" and "keeping your sanity intact".

Anyway, to get things back on topic, everything i've seen so far seems to indicate CWE is going to be made along the same lines as DoD i.e. a gameplay that emphasizes the "experience" over everything else. Which incidentally, means getting your entire colony eaten by elder gods every odd game or so. Or giant fish monsters. Or mutant cows. Or rabbits with shotguns. Completely standard stuff.

9. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Well it probably helps that the game has heavy Cthulhu Mythos themes

Kazeto likes this.
  10. OmniaNigrum

OmniaNigrum Member

Almost every *band game has Cthulhu monsters in it. Chengband, Angband... You know, I cannot think of a Roguelike without a Lovecraft enemy of some sort. And I have played nearly every one of them. Even Powder has them. (Your search engine of choice will tell you what these are if you do not know.)

Indeed. I was just on a different forum voting for the inclusion of Cthulhu in the game:
    http://kaijucombat.com/community/index.php?threads/cthulhu-for-kaiju-combat-poll.342/

Kazeto likes this.
  11. astaldaran

astaldaran Member

Do we have a better idea on when Clockwork Empires is going to be released? For example will it be this year still? I have to say I am planning on buying a 4 pack..

12. Gorbax

Gorbax Member

The vague answer of when it would be about ready is 2013, and they hope the hardware they're developing this "for" will have become the norm in late 2013, so I'd say probably about early-to-mid 2014 :v

Kazeto likes this.
  13. SangerZonvolt

SangerZonvolt Member

Yeah my guess would be about another half or three quarter year, so maybe summer 2014, if all goes well. COuld also be longer, I never had this much insight in the programming of a game like with the CE devblog.

Kazeto likes this.
  14. ploki122

ploki122 Member

Yup, shuld be updated to Spring 2014 to keep consistent with that Website

15. Daynab

I simply unstickied this a while ago since the few questions here are already answered on the website or obsolete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.