Clear Terrain/Sapling/Stump Labours

Discussion in 'Clockwork Empires General' started by Streaky Haddock, Aug 13, 2015.

1. I have worked out that Clear Terrain and Flattening are Construction jobs.
    Clear Sapling and Stumps are Forestry jobs.

Just wanted to share that since it helps with the massive backlog of jobs.

2. dbaumgart

dbaumgart Art Director Staff Member

I think these'll all turn into construction jobs in 42A. Sound sensible?

3. Mikel

Mikel Waiting On Paperwork From The Ministry. Forever.

I don't think one way is inherently better than the other. What matters is knowing which filter stops which jobs.

4. Andouce

Andouce Member

To be honest I think it is fine as it is, as in who does what out of those jobs. Makes sense for removing plants and saplings to come under forestry and terrain and flatten construction.

I agree with Mikel though on his comment. It is true doesn't matter really which way it goes.

5. Wolg

Wolg Member

The one change I would make to these jobs is when they are auto generated by placing a building or a terrain segment getting flattened: create one job with the objects to be removed as child tasks, rather than one job per object. The current way, if you build across a forest, will absorb multiple work crews to chop down individual trees, which causes any additional crew members to just idle. Admittedly this is suitably Bureaucratic, but it seems to just slow progress down and flood the jobs list.

6. Nicholas

Nicholas Technology Director Staff Member

(Gabions are also now pushed into a construction assignment, rather than being individual jobs.)